• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking hurricane Joaquin OTS

dailylurker

954mb nice steady deepening, maybe the HWRF wasn't so bad after all, or maybe this is just one of the 2 times a day a stop clock is right.

There has been some sheer, but the lack of dry air anywhere near the storm has definitely helped.  Models do show some dry air affecting it after 48hrs though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice graphic, Ian. Tbh- I would just like to have the center track to our S and W if we are going to feel the effects in this region. Anything to our E and N may as well miss all together. We're in a tough spot to feel the effects of any tropical. The events are rare here and this setup offers the possibility of memorable. I would prefer not to remember light rain and 10 knot breezes.

That's exactly the way I feel about it. I was hoping for something that allow me experience either the heavy rain or the high winds. I fear neither are going to happen here with a westward track into the Carolinas.

Almost 10 years. Wilma.

Thanks! I want this to come north because if it goes south of the Outer banks the devastation there may not be fixable.. If it hits NC/VA boarder I think it spares the banks.

Having said this, would you agree being outside of 72 hours this isn't the final solution, and a correction to the north is more likely than further currection south?

Thanks! I want this to come north because if it goes south of the Outer banks the devastation there may not be fixable.. If it hits NC/VA boarder I think it spares the banks.

Having said this, would you agree being outside of 72 hours this isn't the final solution, and a correction to the north is more likely than further currection south?

I dunno really. I think NC has the best chance just because it has the most coast to hit. I doubt it hits SC but it seems stuff is still bending west. I'd still favor a general area of Morehead City to the southern tip of MD but not being a homer weenie it seems like central or southern part of that is currently favored.

I dunno really. I think NC has the best chance just because it has the most coast to hit. I doubt it hits SC but it seems stuff is still bending west. I'd still favor a general area of Morehead City to the southern tip of MD but not being a homer weenie it seems like central or southern part of that is currently favored.

When is landfall anticipated assuming it's from nc to md? Apologies if this has been posted.

When is landfall anticipated assuming it's from nc to md? Apologies if this has been posted.

Anywhere from Sunday morning at the earliest, to Monday. Hard to determine even the day at this point, and that's assuming that landfall actually took place in/ near NC.

All reasonable options are still on the table. It's more likely that there will be a northerly correction as opposed to a more southerly one.

That said, at this time frame and with the complex setup, it's just simply too early for any of us to make any definitive projections.

Norfolk has the landscape of New Orleans and the region has almost 2 million people. The NC/VA solution would be far more devastating than OBX.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A hit at the NC/VA border is still gonna be a hit on OBX. OBX is so far east that if VA is gonna get hit then they are too. I dont really get what your trying to say here? Just let the damn thing go out sea please.

A hit at the NC/VA border is still gonna be a hit on OBX. OBX is so far east that if VA is gonna get hit then they are too. I dont really get what your trying to say here? Just let the damn thing go out sea please.

Sparsely populated NE NC gets the brunt on an OBX hit and the storm weakens to a TS/weak cat 1 before it gets to Tidewater. It would still be costly, but Isabel was about the most Tidewater can take. A Cat 2/3 direct hit with Norfolk/Virginia Beach in the NE quadrant would be a major disaster.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived