Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I going to be alive for the next 1938?  I'm getting ridiculously impatient.  Is a regionwide blowdown really so much to ask?

Just not enough historical data to know if that was a 1 in 500 year event. I'll say this, I don't want to be living in W MA if we do get a 1938 redux. The current infrastructure would take months if not years to restore.

This NAM run is interesting coming on the heels of that 18z GEFS shift.

Sorry to ask this, but I skipped over the earlier posts from this morning, what was the '18z GEFS shift"?  I just figured they were further east than earlier runs...

I'm not sold on the 00z NAM, nor should anyone else be for that matter.  I think the NHC track is too far east when it comes to passing through 40N latitude.  I think it will be close to if not over 69.5W when it comes to this latitude.  I think it will be close enough to SNE to bring extra rain and tropical storm force winds.

I'm not sold on the 00z NAM, nor should anyone else be for that matter.  I think the NHC track is too far east when it comes to passing through 40N latitude.  I think it will be close to if not over 69.5W when it comes to this latitude.  I think it will be close enough to SNE to bring extra rain and tropical storm force winds.

Totally agree. We'll probably have 35 knot easterly winds from the pressure gradient alone. This is probably more due to the 1040 mb high nosing into Quebec than Joaquin though.

No its only useful as toilet paper

Well... if people look at a QPF or snow output map from the NAM and take it verbatim they're asking for one hell of a bust. It can be very useful identifying small mesoscale features that coarser NWP or a model with different physics won't. It's useful if used properly in the winter. 

Well... if people look at a QPF or snow output map from the NAM and take it verbatim they're asking for one hell of a bust. It can be very useful identifying small mesoscale features that coarser NWP or a model with different physics won't. It's useful if used properly in the winter.

rgem

I'm not sold on the 00z NAM, nor should anyone else be for that matter. I think the NHC track is too far east when it comes to passing through 40N latitude. I think it will be close to if not over 69.5W when it comes to this latitude. I think it will be close enough to SNE to bring extra rain and tropical storm force winds.

My goodness dude.You are obviously a fairly smart guy but you simply cannot let go of a storm. It hurts you're credibility and reduces you're intelligence to a wish casting weanie when you refuse to accept the facts in front of you.

I'm confident that we have observed the peak intensity.

The vast majority of the time, once the ERC hits, they are "skunked" for the duration of their lives, and never fully recapture their pre ERC vigor.

But to have any chance, you must have an absolutely pristine envt, and by 24-36 hours when this is done, it will have already interacted with the mid latitude festivities.

Quite true, though J is staying pretty clean so far. Still very concentric with a ring a deep new convection appearing around the center. Doesn't have that sloppy taco-ed wheel appeal you sometimes see during ERC, nor any dry air intrusions. Not that it matters for us...

Archived