• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

True, but I think Tip jinxed us when commented earlier that none of the solutions were affecting New England. Although it may not have initialized with the proper pressure, the 0z run should have the extra data collected by NOAA earlier tonight. Interesting run, I wonder how it will effect the overall NHC track at 5 AM.

"The NOAA G-IV aircraft has recently

completed its synoptic surveillance flight, and data collected

during this mission should be assimilated into the 0000 UTC models,

hopefully reducing the spread of the track guidance."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verbatim, certainly. But, if the euro doesn't come west at all at 00z, then I'm definitely in agreement with Ray that this may very well just be the beginning of a cave to the OTS solution.[/quote

Absolutely agree. If the EURO doesn't come west at all, then this is just the GFS correcting toward the EURO out to sea solution. If the EURO starts creeping west though, then we may be seeing a compromise/adjustment to something further north. Didn't Tip say no guidance had depicted a hit on SNE, well the GFS must have heard him, and answered lol.

Looks like about the most "thread the needle" result as possible...barely being captured by the skin of its teeth after taking a really wide turn...and the process takes long enough to allow the block to our north to retreat/weaken and allow the storm to gain latitude.

As interesting as it would be to get one up here, I'm still thinking it's either south of the Delmarva or wide right.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the EC held serve tonight.

I don't think so...it's like 988-990mb when it finally comes ashore in LI. I doubt it would still have a core of sustained hurricane winds.

I think severe flooding would eventually be the main story with that setup verbatim. We've been primed.

IDK...I still doubt we see an OTS solution...even on this GFS run which is further east, the trough still eventually captures the system and tugs it back east in a big way...then it takes a freaking weird ass track.  Unless the ridging in the Atlantic ends up being modeled completely wring it just seems there isn't much room for Joaquin to fully escape to the east.  What this scenario does though is allow for very rapid weakening to occur and the impacts really wouldn't be much more than a typical intense fall nor'easter really.  

I would be cool to see how a hurricane might make it up to the SNE coastline, but keep the major stuff down south.  I think Joaquin will be 120mph at 2am EDT, and could be as strong as 130mph at 5am EDT.  I think a peak between 125-135 knots is possible on Friday.

This solution blows imo.

TS....no big deal.

I'd rather see the intense NC/SC LF.

Summary of 200 am EDT...0600 UTC...information
----------------------------------------------
location...23.5n 73.4w
about 35 mi...55 km NE of samana cays Bahamas
about 80 mi...125 km ESE of San Salvador Bahamas
maximum sustained winds...120 mph...195 km/h
present movement...SW or 220 degrees at 6 mph...9 km/h
minimum central pressure...948 mb...27.99 inches

Really impressive, 12z HWRF 9/30 was right on in terms of rapid intensification

00z Euro ensembles say not even close.  

Maybe 6 or 7 of the 51 ensemble members show something resembling an east coast hit from looking at the individuals.  The mean though is solidly in fish territory.  

Looking at the "low tracks" it can be deceiving because there's like an appendage of lower pressure stretching towards the coast so although the main storm is like 970mb waaayyyy out there in the Atlantic, the models are sticking another "L" right on the coast but its just like 1001mb or something.  If you follow the actual tropical entity it comes absolutely no where near the coast.

Man the ECMWF is still the king.  

Looks like the Euro could be well on its way to embarrassing the sh*T out of almost all the models. It looks locked and loaded, very hard to bet against it now,

lol the one time I wanted that model to be right in January 2015 it couldn't find its way out of a paper bag.  Other than that, it generally embarrasses the competition.

Well, it looks like we will know for sure which set of models is going to win by sometime late Thursday/Friday if they continue to stay split. The GFS has Joaquim already making the turn n/nw on early on Friday, while the Euro keeps it relatively stalled down in the Bahamas through Friday evening, and by Saturday it's moving NE ots. The longer the storm stays south, the more likely the ots scenario occurs.

Archived