Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-MODELS

Rjay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man if I were in Miami looking at that buzz saw, I'd feel more than a little nervous, despite the forecast.

Another hurricane miss for Florida keeping the record streak since the last hurricane landfall in October 2005 in tact.

We should probably start a contest how much longer the streak is going to last.

Which is more indicative of the orientation of the trough as it relates to the steering pattern - the southwest side of the storm or the northwest side (whose canopy seems to be being pulled into the slightly negative tilt already)?

Check out the winds now South of Cuba and the cloud pattern on the SW quadrant, starting to get picked up and carried Northeast.

avn_lalo-animated.gif

Which is more indicative of the orientation of the trough as it relates to the steering pattern - the southwest side of the storm or the northwest side (whose canopy seems to be being pulled into the slightly negative tilt already)?

The trough does have a slightly negative tilt, but we needed this to be further NW so that it could be grabbed by the southeasterly winds.

wv-animated.gif

On the record, I through in the towel yesterday after the GFS kicked East. The 00z runs pulled me back in but that was quickly shattered by the 06z GFS going East again.

Off the record, I still have some hope in the fact that in the end, no computer is superior enough to get every single detail 100% correct, and when you have such a fragile situation, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get a meaningful change.

I was also here for the Boxing Day Blizzard, and anyone that experienced that model turn around knows how you can sometimes get a hail mary touchdown from the 20 yard line.

Maybe if we can get Joaquin far enough West it will help to drag the ULL further Northeast. Right now we have a disconnect and it sort of just sits there at rots away.

so the fishes further west will  get it instead of the fishes further east..LOL

Theoretically we still have three days to go before that happens. I know it sounds ridiculous but that's an eternity in the weather world. In the end, the Euro will have most likely been hundreds of miles too far East and the GFS will end up being hundreds of miles too far West. I still think it tracks within 150 miles of the benchmark. 

We should see a slight uptick in rain coverage over the next several hours with a gradual tapering after 12z tomorrow morning although most of the modeling has a lot of shower activity right through Sunday. I wouldn't expect to see more than a few breaks of sun until Monday.That Easterly fetch will be relentless for the next 72 hours, peaking on Sunday as Joaquin makes his closest pass.

Archived