SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Drought busting rains PRE event

dailylurker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H2oi or bust! I'm scheduled to be there too, idk anymore though. If the GFS is right the whole island would be underwater. Water would fill in from the bay and atlantic.

Small world!! I'll have to keep an eye on it. It's a 10 hour drive from me and my car is bagged so if it floods I can just air it all the way up. The GFS does look worrisome but a lot can change between now and then I guess.

track.gif

Sandy, 1933 (link/map above), Isabel, Fran are all good for bounds maybe at this point. It's not very common.. which is why almost anyone with a brain around here almost always bets against it. In some ways if you like hurricanes you're probably better off being on Long Island or Cape Cod than here.. tho every now and then we get a biggy. In that, I don't think one should hold too strongly to any rules other than the pattern and how it's progressing.

Not sure where you live, but I'm not too concerned yet. I told my friends to just review their emergency preparedness plans and keep an eye on things, but we can see a lot of change this far out.

Agee. Nothing is locked or impending. We have a pretty small landfall window in our region for damaging winds. First off, the center pretty much has to track to our south and west but still be close. Secondly, landfall pretty much has to be between the mouth of the bay and OBX for that to happen.

Landfall anywhere is far from a lock at this point. Very long leads to have any confidence in anything.

Having the strong gradient from the blocking hp to the N probably means damaging winds to the N of the center (assuming landfall anywhere to our south) would extend further than "normal" so there's that.

If the latest gfs verifies the euro still saw it first. :P

this post won't get much attention with the crazy Joaquin solutions on the table, but I'm wondering if anyone else experienced something similar to what we had in southern Howard County around 10:30PM tonight.   Near the back edge of the heavy rain, the wind picked up for a few minutes and just started roaring.   Lost power for almost 3 hours.

this post won't get much attention with the crazy Joaquin solutions on the table, but I'm wondering if anyone else experienced something similar to what we had in southern Howard County around 10:30PM tonight.   Near the back edge of the heavy rain, the wind picked up for a few minutes and just started roaring.   Lost power for almost 3 hours.

Can confirm. I ran outside because it sounded odd but i think i caught the end, lots of little twigs and stuff down though 

Yes, some brief gales in the heavier clusters. I think it is related to Joaquin's outflow. Of course not at 10:30pm tho, as I am downstream.

Archived