Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Drought busting rains PRE event

dailylurker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't. I raised them to be completely aware of weather at all times. The real problem would arise if I didn't pay close attention to weather and went camping with them on the banks of the potomac at landfall. 

This is just stupid.  Regardless of how aware of weather you are, bad things can happen.  And you and your family aren't the only people that matter.  It would still be tragic if something happened to another family's kid...even if he/she hadn't been "raised to be completely aware of weather at all times," and thus enjoy your family's imperviousness to falling trees or flood waters.  Weather is fun.  Bad things happening to people and their property makes it less fun. 

This is just stupid.  Regardless of how aware of weather you are, bad things can happen.  And you and your family aren't the only people that matter.  It would still be tragic if something happened to another family's kid...even if he/she hadn't been "raised to be completely aware of weather at all times," and thus enjoy your family's imperviousness to falling trees or flood waters.  Weather is fun.  Bad things happening to people and their property makes it less fun. 

Banter?

I'm morally clean from any weather event. The only thing I'm in control of is not having my property properly prepared or worse, travelling to an area I shouldn't be in. I will root for the most extreme scenario every single time for every single event.

I'm morally clean from any weather event. The only thing I'm in control of is not having my property properly prepared or worse, travelling to an area I shouldn't be in. I will root for the most extreme scenario every single time for every single event.

Hey brother, finally getting some rain.

I know what you mean. Deep down I also would like to see worst case.

But I guess I just fear the reality of it. Derecho was pretty bad in my neighborhood .

This would make that look tame.

I

Count me out on this one Bob. I hate tropical systems because I despise losing power and dealing with potential property damage/loss. Plus, I loaned someone my mega cooler and if I don't get it back quick I know we'll get nailed. Superstitious? D@mn right when comes to tropical systems!

Extreme weather events are awe inspiring. No changing that. Our desires have nothing to do with what happens. Still, I don't want to see people lose their homes and possibly their lives so that I can be awed. I'll pass.

Extreme snow rarely causes damage to homes and only kills the stupid. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods...different story.

40 years ago almost to the day.

Here's a little talked about hurricane.

( hey..I was around for this)

The really incredible part is that was only 3 short years after the "100 year storm" Hurricane/TS Agnes and nearly equaled it in parts of MD though I don't think flooding was as epic from my memory.   Heck, Agnes might have been dubbed a 500 year storm at the time my memory over 40+ years is fading.

Many factors in play with this event. 500mb steering if correct is a neg tilt upper cutoff which should pull Juaquin NW along with a draw of incredibly deep moisture. Regardless of Juaquin's track we are going to see some incredible rainfall amounts (if these trends continue). All the rain in advance of the tropical system will weaken tree roots leading to tree and power line damage. Coastal flooding would be big for the western bay and Potomac.

Many factors in play with this event. 500mb steering if correct is a neg tilt upper cutoff which should pull Juaquin NW along with a draw of incredibly deep moisture. Regardless of Juaquin's track we are going to see some incredible rainfall amounts (if these trends continue). All the rain in advance of the tropical system will weaken tree roots leading to tree and power line damage. Coastal flooding would be big for the western bay and Potomac.

As dry as it has been, we may be in a little better shape than under normal conditions. My yard was as hard as a rock this evening and I think some of this will drain off. Of course, even if that's true, there will come a point of saturation when we're screwed.

Archived