Newest Member
    SnowHabit
We hoist, huge drought busting rains with potential coastal flooding. Sep 29-30

Ginx snewx

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.00"

My wife and I did some hiking and walking through the woods in the Holderness region two weekends ago.  I was struck (but not surprised) by how dry everything was AND the evidence of previous wash-out areas on many trails.  They do a very nice job protecting the paths/trails from wash-outs up there but they are going to be very challenged over the next week or so.  While the rivers will be able to accommodate any flash flooding issues I have to believe that there will be plenty of white water to be seen in the woods.  Good luck up there.

Amazing aerial coverage of 2"+ storm totals from PA/NY into New England. Models weren't far off on entire regional geographic areas seeing 2"+ from Canada to the Atlantic.

If this doesn't bury itself in the MA like the GFS has, it would be a large widespread area getting more by the end of the weekend. Looks like periods of rain here for days potentially. 

Looks like that second max will be in RI and SE MA with that plume of convection streaming in off the Atlantic. Already 2-3" there.

Yeah you can see it on radar estimates too. Pretty cool how you can take an educated guess on those second maxes happening given the LLJ/theta-e, despite some models underplaying that.

I may be in the lead with 4.2" since last night.

Flood warning, some roads closed in Franklin Co.

Closest NWS station in Keene reporting 2.85" so far. I don't have a rain gauge here in Bratt,

I kind of wish I were still living in Providence with the threat of Joaquin looming. Hurricane Barrier gates closing? Waves should be epic and cleaning up early next week. Might have to plan a road trip!

Archived