Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 27 total lunar eclipse

Juliancolton

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just walk around the house and can't see a hint if it or any stars either.  At least I had two bear sightings in the last three days

Yeah it's pretty covered out there, not even a glow through the clouds. Had a big bear walking around the neighborhood last night around 10:30, he passed right by the front lawn.

Yeah it's pretty covered out there, not even a glow through the clouds. Had a big bear walking around the neighborhood last night around 10:30, he passed right by the front lawn.

What's your exact location? On weekends I'm in Crystal Springs in Hardyston and on weekdays closer to my job in NE Queens

Butler, it's in Northern Morris county. It's probably about 20 minutes east of where you are.

I pass Butler  via route 23 every time I come to my house.  There is a really good/informative poster who lives in Butler.  He posts frequently in the winter on the north in the winter on the northern and western suburbs  NY blog

I pass Butler  via route 23 every time I come to my house.  There is a really good/informative poster who lives in Butler.  He posts frequently in the winter on the north in the winter on the northern and western suburbs  NY blog

Yeah, it's a small little town. It's so cool because the elevation varies substantially within a mile. Downtown is around 350' where as across town it's 600'-800' in elevation. I'm on the higher and hillier side of town. I haven't been on here for long, but I'll have to check that guy out.

I guess it's time to wait for the next Lunar eclipse. I'd really like to see a Solar eclipse too.

Yeah, it's a small little town. It's so cool because the elevation varies substantially within a mile. Downtown is around 350' where as across town it's 600'-800' in elevation. I'm on the higher and hillier side of town. I haven't been on here for long, but I'll have to check that guy out.

I guess it's time to wait for the next Lunar eclipse. I'd really like to see a Solar eclipse too.

rgwp96 is his name.. Initially I thought you were him but quickly realized 2 different posting styles lol.

Phenomenal viewing here in the wilderness of Monmouth County. Blood red. My photos are coming out terrible, but if you have binoculars, it looks pretty cool through those. 

It looked absolutely spectacular through binoculars and a small telescope. Almost surreal... a dull red orb superimposed on a carpet of stars. By far the nicest lunar eclipse I've seen. I could have stared for days.

Heavy cloudcover now moving in, just as a crescent moon beginning to reemerge. Crystal clear from second contact through the end of totality... I'll lock that in for the next dozen eclipses, thanks. :)

Thanks guys. Here's one more showing the faint stars that became visible around the moon during totality. If you look toward the upper-right limb, you can see a little 10th-magnitude star that would itself be occulted by the moon a few minutes later. Gets my nerd juices flowing to see such faint stars mere minutes after the full moon was washing out all but the brightest constellations.

Had to stack about 40 short exposures to eliminate most of the high-ISO noise for this image.

YE5SsaO.jpg

Archived