Newest Member
    SnowHabit
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-DISCUSSION/OBS

bluewave

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be something

I was down in Tampa when Hurricane Charlie was forecast to hit (my family is down south in Sanibel/Cape Coral) 

That was similar, they were expecting it to just pass by on it's way up the coast as a Cat 1-2, then all of a sudden at 2pm it was a Cat4 and made that sharp turn into Punta Gorda/Pt. Charlotte. 

That was crazy. They had about an hour to find shelter. 

I am starting to get a bit nervous... does Joaquin have a pending 3rd act?

I really hope not, seeing that due to the senseless tragedy in Oregon, Joaquin has in one day become an afterthought to most Americans. Fortunately, Joaquin looks to be moving away, but in the case that it doesn't we aren't going to want to be like "Oh my god, we've been so focused on Oregon that we forgot about Joaquin!" 

I was just on the NJ news website. NJ.com

they have links for news stories to gas stations with generators, NJ state of emergency , how this storm is a true test for state.

this is a big deal apparently for a fire drill.

People still have Sandy in their minds. My buddy Alan put all his furniture on risers last night. Calm down Alan.

I was just on the NJ news website. NJ.com

they have links for news stories to gas stations with generators, NJ state of emergency , how this storm is a true test for state.

this is a big deal apparently for a fire drill.

I don't know why they do this. I can understand being cautious, but some stories I read we're just nuts. They made it seems as if it was set in stone that we were going to get a direct hit from this thing.

I don't know why they do this. I can understand being cautious, but some stories I read we're just nuts. They made it seems as if it was set in stone that we were going to get a direct hit from this thing.

Any chance to get hits they go for it. After sandy this was too easy for them to throw out ridiculous headlines that grab the average persons attention.

Any chance to get hits they go for it. After sandy this was too easy for them to throw out ridiculous headlines that grab the average persons attention.

Yeah, it's all about getting attention and bringing in the revenue I guess. We'll see what happens as the course of the hurricane continues to change.

Looks that way to me. Not sure yet though.

Minor amounts of land interaction but quite a lot of slow spinning over the same waters.  Could be some upwelling.

The SW drifting seems to have been a lot deeper than expected.  I'm not entirely convinced this thing is going to hairpin turn the way the models are expecting. 

Minor amounts of land interaction but quite a lot of slow spinning over the same waters.  Could be some upwelling.

The SW drifting seems to have been a lot deeper than expected.  I'm not entirely convinced this thing is going to hairpin turn the way the models are expecting.

I think you might be right about that. Was it really modeled to be this far south and close to Florida?

The water vapor loop is quite impressive. If the models weren't so locked in, I might think this storm would make a direct hit on Hatteras. A question for those more experienced, is it more the strength of the ULL in North Georgia (lack of having a negative tilt) that will fail to capture the storm or is the position and strength of the ridge in the Atlantic the reason Joaquin will escape out to see?

Archived