• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
bluewave

9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-DISCUSSION/OBS

Beach erosion already underway with the tides up to the boardwalk at Long Beach yesterday.

12047104_846445112118880_5884626327015018178_n.jpg

Wow, that is REALLY bad. If there's another hurricane heading into NJ in 5 days (meaning 5 more days of erosion UNTIL that point).... I can't even imagine. What's happened up to this point to cause that kind of erosion? When I was there in August the beach looked okay. Luckily my parents have the evacuation plan sorted out post-Sandy and Long Beach takes these threats much more seriously now than pre-Sandy.

I'm telling people that yes while it's a possibility we are severely impacted, there's still a lot of uncertainty in where Joaquin ultimately goes. I'd say don't pull the alarm yet but just be super aware that nothing's off the table.

I'm telling people that yes while it's a possibility we are severely impacted, there's still a lot of uuncertainty in where Joaquin ultimately goes. I'd say don't pull the alarm yet but just be super aware that nothing's off the table.

well said I agree with your statement

I think we've seen the furthest south solutions on the 12z models, now to see if they will waffle back north a bit. Seems an incredibly fast/south capture...wouldn't surprise me if it ends up more in the Delaware/Maryland area.

Getting some rain showers here. Thought we might see some sun here today but that doesn't seem likely. Abundant low level moisture in place.

Muggy as can be out there right now.

Will take the cloudy day to hold temps down than be in the 80's with high dew points.

Muggy as can be out there right now.

Will take the cloudy day to hold temps down than be in the 80's with high dew points.

It was downright tropical this morning, I mean talk about muggy. It would give some of the humidity we had in July and August a run for its money.

Now though there's a really cool and less humid breeze in the air. Dewpoint down to 65° after 70°+ this morning.

WTNT31 KNHC 301744
TCPAT1

BULLETIN
HURRICANE JOAQUIN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 11A
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL112015
200 PM EDT WED SEP 30 2015

...JOAQUIN CONTINUING TO STRENGTHEN...

SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...24.4N 72.9W
ABOUT 190 MI...305 KM ENE OF THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...85 MPH...135 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...SW OR 230 DEGREES AT 6 MPH...9 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...968 MB...28.58 INCHES

It was downright tropical this morning, I mean talk about muggy. It would give some of the humidity we had in July and August a run for its money.

Now though there's a really cool and less humid breeze in the air. Dewpoint down to 65° after 70°+ this morning.

Now like that in the city as well.

I work on the first floor down in the village and saw the wind had picked up. Went outside to feel a nice cool breeze...aaahhhhh.

Guest Pamela

Conditions a good deal more palatable in Port Jeff as the wind has veered around to the NNE, the air temp has dropped back to 66 F and the dew point has fallen off to 58 F as the Canadian anticyclone builds down just a bit.

Now like that in the city as well.

I work on the first floor down in the village and saw the wind had picked up. Went outside to feel a nice cool breeze...aaahhhhh.

Yeah still breezy here too. The suns been peeking out and around the clouds for about an hour now so that makes it feel warmer.

Conditions a good deal more palatable in Port Jeff as the wind has veered around to the NNE, the air temp has dropped back to 66 F and the dew point has fallen off to 58 F as the Canadian anticyclone builds down just a bit.

Front visible via KOKX radar.

At KNYC tomorrow should be the first day since probably June with a high below 70, and potentially 60.

Winds shifted to the north, and dew point and temps starting to drop.

First time since 6/4. The 118-day stretch with 70° or higher temperatures was the longest on record for Central Park.

Man, i'm really starting to like J's satellite presentation. Looking very symmetrical with strong convection and that sort of milky appeal to the clouds that suggests excellent venting. If we just get a little more cooling in the northwest quadrant I'd say it's game on.