Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-DISCUSSION/OBS

bluewave

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beach erosion already underway with the tides up to the boardwalk at Long Beach yesterday.

12047104_846445112118880_5884626327015018178_n.jpg

Wow, that is REALLY bad. If there's another hurricane heading into NJ in 5 days (meaning 5 more days of erosion UNTIL that point).... I can't even imagine. What's happened up to this point to cause that kind of erosion? When I was there in August the beach looked okay. Luckily my parents have the evacuation plan sorted out post-Sandy and Long Beach takes these threats much more seriously now than pre-Sandy.

Muggy as can be out there right now.

Will take the cloudy day to hold temps down than be in the 80's with high dew points.

It was downright tropical this morning, I mean talk about muggy. It would give some of the humidity we had in July and August a run for its money.

Now though there's a really cool and less humid breeze in the air. Dewpoint down to 65° after 70°+ this morning.

WTNT31 KNHC 301744
TCPAT1

BULLETIN
HURRICANE JOAQUIN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 11A
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL112015
200 PM EDT WED SEP 30 2015

...JOAQUIN CONTINUING TO STRENGTHEN...

SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...24.4N 72.9W
ABOUT 190 MI...305 KM ENE OF THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...85 MPH...135 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...SW OR 230 DEGREES AT 6 MPH...9 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...968 MB...28.58 INCHES

It was downright tropical this morning, I mean talk about muggy. It would give some of the humidity we had in July and August a run for its money.

Now though there's a really cool and less humid breeze in the air. Dewpoint down to 65° after 70°+ this morning.

Now like that in the city as well.

I work on the first floor down in the village and saw the wind had picked up. Went outside to feel a nice cool breeze...aaahhhhh.

Conditions a good deal more palatable in Port Jeff as the wind has veered around to the NNE, the air temp has dropped back to 66 F and the dew point has fallen off to 58 F as the Canadian anticyclone builds down just a bit.

Now like that in the city as well.

I work on the first floor down in the village and saw the wind had picked up. Went outside to feel a nice cool breeze...aaahhhhh.

Yeah still breezy here too. The suns been peeking out and around the clouds for about an hour now so that makes it feel warmer.

Archived