SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ghosts, Ghouls, Pumpkins, Autumn Chill?: October 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with all do respect for people who like warm weather it's heading towards November I'm ready for day time high 45-55 ;

Yeah it's fine. I don't mind cold weather either, I just prefer the warmth. So when we get some of that weather in November I take advantage of it because it won't last long.

Looks like you won. I wasn't to far off for my area though with the inch call.

Anyone have all the local totals? I would like to see if anyone hit the elusive 3" mark

1.46 at BDR.  Definitely on the low side of guidance, although there was a stripe b/w HPN and BDR that got close to 3 inches.

Anyone have all the local totals? I would like to see if anyone hit the elusive 3" mark

JFK: 1.85"

NYC: 1.44"

EWR: 1.46"

HPN: 2.26"

Parts of Brooklyn to Staten Island had several areas of 2"+ and HPN to CT had areas approaching 3".

Good enough for a record high today at BDR. It's a back to the early 70's record month there.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
0258 PM EDT THU OCT 29 2015

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT BRIDGEPORT CT...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 73 DEGREES WAS SET AT BRIDGEPORT CT
TODAY. THIS TIES THE RECORD OF 73 PREVIOUSLY SET IN 1971. AN UPDATE
TO THIS RECORD EVENT REPORT WILL ISSUED IF THE TEMPERATURE EXCEEDS

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY0217 AM EDT MON OCT 19 2015...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT BRIDGEPORT CT... A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 30 DEGREES WAS SET AT BRIDGEPORT CTTHIS MORNING. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 30 SET IN 1974.

RECORD EVENT REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY501 PM EDT SUN OCT 18 2015...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL TIED AT BRIDGEPORT CT... A RECORD SNOWFALL OF A TRACE WAS TIED AT BRIDGEPORT CTTODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF A TRACE SET IN 1972.
RECORD EVENT REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY239 AM EDT SUN OCT 4 2015...RECORD DAILY LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE TIED AT BRIDGEPORT CT...A RECORD LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 54 DEGREES WAS TIED ATBRIDGEPORT CT YESTERDAY. THIS TIES THE PREVIOUS RECORD SET IN 1974.

Mineola and Floral park were the big LI rainfall winners. Saw that a car was damaged by a large branch blown down

in East Setauket on FIOS 1 this morning. FRG seems to be the highest airport gust at 43 mph.

We can now say that we saw at least some remnants from the deepest storm on record in the Western Hemisphere.

MINEOLA 2.32 800 AM 10/29 CWOP

W FLORAL PARK 2.26 600 AM 10/29 COCORAHS

Archived