SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ghosts, Ghouls, Pumpkins, Autumn Chill?: October 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah what a change from Tuesday which felt like August with the humidity.

Now I'm turning the heat on

This weather really sucks. I can't even turn the heat on yet. If it happened gradually that's one thing, but to jump from 80° to 45° in a matter of four days is just nuts.

Still a light, but steady rain over here. Only about a quarter inch though.

You have to be a brave person to own one of Fire Island homes. It only takes

a noreaster and high astronomical tides to erode your front yard.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.molloy.1276/videos/529098640579046/?pnref=story

Fire island still hasn't had their dunes fully rebuilt. I think they are doing that later this fall. But I agree, you pretty much need to be at peace throwing a million dollars into the ocean to build in that spot.

Wow. It's actually 49°F here at Southern Westchester County. Never thought I would see that temperature reading before October 10th.

Westchester County frequently gets into the high 40s in September at night.

The reading isn't a surprise so much as that it's the high. Low 50s for highs today and tomorrow's forecasted high is 49F in Dobbs Ferry.

Who in their right mind would be out on a night like this? Commercial interests I can understand somewhat, but definitely not recreational. Your vessel better be at least touching 100'.

I live on a 30 foot boat it's not bad tonight. Obviously a bit more breezy but not unbearable. I'm curious to know how big the boat was from Jamaica bay.

I live on a 30 foot boat it's not bad tonight. Obviously a bit more breezy but not unbearable. I'm curious to know how big the boat was from Jamaica bay.

where out of? It's pretty severe out there...easily blowing a good 30 out on the water with gusts hitting over 40. I've been out on 40 footers on bad small craft days, in full sun, and wondered if we shouldve been out.

Archived