Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the low drops below 50, ill be pretty much neck and neck with my competition.

For tomorrow:

Me: 73/44/14/0.00

Competition: 71/45/12/0.06

Spent forever contemplating 72/73 on the high, as well as the precip. Having the temp stay above 50 before 06z tonight would make me feel a little better.

Depending on the low (and I suppose if winds go higher than 15kts, which I think is unlikely) tonight, I should have at least a 5.3 point lead going into tomorrow. 

My Forecast: 73/44/11/0.02"

Competition: 74/44/13/0.03"

Only a 2.4 point spread between us, so unless I can't do math right I also should advance. Beats last year when I got killed in the tournament!

Gonna be cutting it close on my end. The 14kt wind that just got reported is a big help and puts me ahead by 2 points. However, my 0.00" and his 0.06" precip call could be the deciding factor. If temp hits 72+ I think I'm locked in. If temp stays 71 or lower, 0.05" would tie us back up (with him winning the tiebreaker) and 0.06"+ would give him a 0.4 point lead.

Either way, at least it won't be a blowout!

I ended up getting knocked out first round from too high of a temp forecast and putting no precip. Was fun though. I'll probably keep forecasting since this is likely going to be my last year.

Good luck to everyone still in it!

I'll go into the upcoming day 1.0 points behind. 

My Forecast: 75/54/19/0.00"

Competition:  75/53/19/0.00"

If the low stays at 54 or above, we tie. The first tiebreaker is combined High/Low temperature forecasts. Since every temperature forecast has been exactly the same so far, it all comes down to the low. If its 54F tomorrow, I advance, and if it's 53 or lower I'm out. I had considered going 53F for the low tonight too, which would've put me out of the game immediately. I'm amazed how similar our forecasts were

We have a local tournament at Ohio U that I haven't been knocked out of yet. I'm going 75/55/18 for tomorrow. If I'm doing well after the local tournament is over I may go for a "consolation" trophy as I suspect I may not participate next year. Maybe I'll play as an alumni but I probably won't have time some days.

80/53/16

Unless I get both the wind and low today (and the wind is looking pretty much impossible at this point), I'm out.

80/53/17

So it will probably come down to how tonight verifies. 

If its 80/57(or below)/16(or above)... you actually win outright for tomorrow (since I'll be down by more than 0.5 points)

If its 80/57(or below)/15 then tomorrow's wind forecast will matter

If its 80/58(or above)/15(or below)... then I win ouright for tomorrow (since you will be down by more than 0.5 points)

This is the first time I've ever advanced out of the first round (after 4 previous attempts)... so it has been a crazy year for me so far. 

80/53/17

So it will probably come down to how tonight verifies. 

If its 80/57(or below)/16(or above)... you actually win outright for tomorrow (since I'll be down by more than 0.5 points)

If its 80/57(or below)/15 then tomorrow's wind forecast will matter

If its 80/58(or above)/15(or below)... then I win ouright for tomorrow (since you will be down by more than 0.5 points)

This is the first time I've ever advanced out of the first round (after 4 previous attempts)... so it has been a crazy year for me so far. 

Furthest I've gotten as well. Only ever made it to the second round before.

Since the climo only has 13kts through 4PM, I think it's highly likely you get your 14kts or below, meaning you'll win outright.

Archived