Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops... Forgot to forecast. Had a good forecast today, so it figures I'd forget. Thankfully I guidanced, so that'll help some in the "overall" with not getting a penalty. Since I had the bye this week, I guess I'll survive. 

First forecast I've missed the entire challenge  :cry:

Oops... Forgot to forecast. Had a good forecast today, so it figures I'd forget. Thankfully I guidanced, so that'll help some in the "overall" with not getting a penalty. Since I had the bye this week, I guess I'll survive.

First forecast I've missed the entire challenge :cry:

I take that back about surviving. I didn't realize the "person with less human forecasts doesn't proceed" wasn't just a tie breaker clause. Oh well... was a fun year still.

I take that back about surviving. I didn't realize the "person with less human forecasts doesn't proceed" wasn't just a tie breaker clause. Oh well... was a fun year still.

If you had a bye this week, that doesn't pertain to you. That only matters starting next week.

If you had a bye this week, that doesn't pertain to you. That only matters starting next week.

Okay, I wasn't sure on that, but that makes sense. If that's the case, thank you because that just saved my mood the rest of today!

My Forecast: 67/50/15/0.12"

Competition: 71/48/17/0.27"

Depending on how things go tomorrow, my first round matchup could pretty much be in the books right away. Really couldn't find support for too much precip (if any) after 6z, as pretty much all of the rain should be contained to the south. Clouds should keep them warm tonight, and they've always struggled to drop before 6z especially when there's winds >5kts. I wasn't confident on the high but the NWS usually does well so stuck close a NWS/Euro/MOS blend for highs. Going to be an interesting scoring day for sure. 

Me: 69/50/17/0.15

Competition: 68/49/16/0.22

Precip was a tough call, but agree that it looks like not too much falls after 06z. Was tempted to go lower (0.12) but didn't. High is with the hope the clouds break early. Will be curious to see how much rain has fallen when I wake up.

Archived