SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2015 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tree in front of my house changed colors rapidly. Greenish/yellow to bright orange in 7 days. Cleared out nicely tonight with brisk temperatures. Might be a good day or night for a bonfire tomorrow! Just got home from the meet and greet and anxious to dig into the 0z model blend and see just what trick or treat nature has in store for us this week.

An early winter feeling day today. Wind whipped more leaves off the trees and piled them up in little leaf drifts. Almost noticed a minute or two of partial sun. Some people were acting like it was the middle of winter today! 

Did have to break out the light winter jacket though myself.

With the predicted temps the next two days, the month should end up being about 1.1° above normal.

Had some really dense fog early this morning.  Hung on to some degree through late morning before totally burning away.  During the afternoon the high canopy slowly increased and thickened.  The rain should move in by around midnight.  Looks like another nice, steady rain event that should last 12-16hrs.

Terrible timing on the rain last night and this morning. Very difficult to mulch soaked leaves. Hope they dry out some later today, otherwise this weekend is a bust for yard work. Not many weekends left to get stuff done outside.

I hear you. I mulch and burn some.

Also not good timing with trick o'treating starting in a couple hours.

Everything is well soaked outside. Been raining since 4am.

Will be able to at least rake the leaves into piles tomorrow.

Feel bad for Trick-or-treaters. 3rd straight Halloween here with rain. In 2013 it POURED all day and night (record for the date), last year wind-whipped rain mixed with snow during the evening, and this year rain looks to develop right around 4pm and last through the night.

Wasn't it last year where Flint and Saginaw had "White Halloweens" with snow actually on the ground?

About 0.40" so far today. It's not making it out of the 40s today.

Last Halloween it looked like this in my front yard... in the morning at least. Trees today are a little behind last year - probably 5 or so days behind.

post-7389-0-65953200-1446313170_thumb.jp

Archived