• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Let's Talk Winter

Steve

I am seriously feeling bad for the Ohio crew. SDF picked up 3.7" this morning, more than CMH has all winter. Now, they're under a Winter Storm Watch for 4-6 more.

No such thing as fair or unfair in weather....just good luck and bad luck.  Climo and law of averages alone says we are increasingly due.  The seal will break soon, it has to.  I just hope if it doesn't happen by the end of FEB it waits til next seaon.  Hate wasting a good hand on a late season slush-fest.   Besides I don't want anything to ruin my Morch :sizzle:

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree with you! Only thing that gets me is every system I have tracked has normally tracked North. Which the end result screwed Cincinnati! Now this system is tracking south? Where's the last minute adjustment which will put us in the hot spot? Or at least better than we are tracking now?

I totally agree with you! Only thing that gets me is every system I have tracked has normally tracked North. Which the end result screwed Cincinnati! Now this system is tracking south? Where's the last minute adjustment which will put us in the hot spot? Or at least better than we are tracking now?

Well my forecast is a bit north of consensus of the higher res models from earlier today so I was going for a bit of a bump. Now the new NAM came in and makes my numbers look a tad low haha but it has been bouncing around. So all in all, I don't feel too bad right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

To sum up this winter near the halfway point, here are the largest snowstorms so far this season for the three C-s in Ohio:

CLE: 2.7"

CVG: 2.5"

CMH: 2.4"

wow, that CLE number is a stunner.    Ironically the snowiest part of the state has been the far southeast which is usually the least snowiest.

Maybe mother nature is clearing the deck for an I-71 3C crusher.

wow, that CLE number is a stunner.    Ironically the snowiest part of the state has been the far southeast which is usually the least snowiest.

To be fair, parts of the Snowbelt east of Cleveland saw roughly 30" of snow over the course of a week recently, but other than there SE Ohio has done better :)

wow, that CLE number is a stunner. Ironically the snowiest part of the state has been the far southeast which is usually the least snowiest.

At this point in the season, I think ALB is in the biggest snow hole in the US. They're running at 18% of normal (5.5"/30.3"). CLE isn't that far ahead of ALB at 26% of normal (8.4"/32.4"). CMH sits at 39% of normal.

Meanwhile DTW is at 76% and ORD is at 126%, not too shabby by comparison.

Places like PHL had their latest flake of snow on record only to be buried by record snow the next week. Hopefully February turns things around for I-71.

I think the cruelest of jokes would be one of those 20-30" late April storms. I want to say one of Ohio's largest snowstorms happened the last week of April sometime in the early 1900s.

I'm out fellas. See yall in 10 months. Only area that can be missed to the south one week and missed to the north the next. Remember with the last storm around this time frame we were going to Germany hammered and then it all shifted south on the models? That won't happen this time. If you want accurate predictions, whatever way the storm looks about 8 days out just go whichever way will screw Ohio.

horrible so far.   The dismal snow amounts are only made worse by the fact that we were whiffed by the only major storm thus far.

This is 97-98 all over again except it's colder.   If you remember, that year had a freak powerhouse winter storm the beginning of Feb that swiped us to the south.  After that it  zzzzzzz'd into spring.   I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing on the long range for Feb.   

None of the indices are trending in our favor which only leaves the infamous talk of a stratospheric warming event.   When you have to pull that out of your ass, you know it ain't looking good.   

The only good news is I haven't had my usual weather weenie distractions pulling me away from work.   Also sleeping better. I'm actually checking the 00z runs in the morning now.... :lol:

Archived