• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter

tnweathernut

It was mighty close, Nut! Good job on nearly bringing the Vols home as winners! If they can beat the Cats on Halloween night in Lexington, I think they may just run the table from here on out. GBO

Only way the weekend could have been better would have been to have secured a win and figured out ahead of time getting a hotel would be "doable" after the game.  Terrible planning when we didn't know Talladega was this weekend.  So............after staying in Tuscaloosa until about 2:30am (which by the way was a lot more fun than I would have thought.) we decided to find a hotel.  We knew we couldn't get one IN Tuscaloosa, so headed back to Birmingham only to figure out there were none there either.  It's worth a mention you can't really use hotel apps after midnight b/c you are just booking for the following night...lol  So on to Cullman. Yep, you guessed it, none there either.  Stopping at every hotel exit we FINALLY found one near the TN AL border at 4:50am.  The hotel room was a smoky mess and pretty much a dump, but we were just happy to have found a place to lay our heads......

Next year, we will likely head to College Station as a group. I am guessing we will book the hotel rooms the day the schedule is announced, lol.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only way the weekend could have been better would have been to have secured a win and figured out ahead of time getting a hotel would be "doable" after the game.  Terrible planning when we didn't know Talladega was this weekend.  So............after staying in Tuscaloosa until about 2:30am (which by the way was a lot more fun than I would have thought.) we decided to find a hotel.  We knew we couldn't get one IN Tuscaloosa, so headed back to Birmingham only to figure out there were none there either.  It's worth a mention you can't really use hotel apps after midnight b/c you are just booking for the following night...lol  So on to Cullman. Yep, you guessed it, none there either.  Stopping at every hotel exit we FINALLY found one near the TN AL border at 4:50am.  The hotel room was a smoky mess and pretty much a dump, but we were just happy to have found a place to lay our heads......

Next year, we will likely head to College Station as a group. I am guessing we will book the hotel rooms the day the schedule is announced, lol.

You should consider renting an RV!

Congrats Jeff !!

Thank you so much. Words cannot capture how happy I feel! Childhood memories enhance current emotion and euphoria. From George Brett at Citi Field to Volquez drawing his Dad's initials on the mound, Coronation Day (night) was beyond magical. Ewing Kauffman (1985 owner) and Dick Howser (1985 manager) also smile down. After over two decades of barren ball, dreams come true in KC because we believe. Even accounting for recency bias, Taking the Crown is by far the sweetest sport championship I've ever experienced. It is beyond Royal!

:clap:

This is Mariettawx. I've moved a bit farther west into GA so I've decided to change my screen name as I've moved from Marietta!

Are you repositioning for El Nino? Good luck!  :snowman:

Thank you so much. Words cannot capture how happy I feel! Childhood memories enhance current emotion and euphoria. From George Brett at Citi Field to Volquez drawing his Dad's initials on the mound, Coronation Day (night) was beyond magical. Ewing Kauffman (1985 owner) and Dick Howser (1985 manager) also smile down. After over two decades of barren ball, dreams come true in KC because we believe. Even accounting for recency bias, Taking the Crown is by far the sweetest sport championship I've ever experienced. It is beyond Royal!

:clap:

Are you repositioning for El Nino? Good luck! :snowman:

Grats on the big win last night. moving 20 miles WSW to Lithia Springs will allow me to fully utilize the heliourbanacity effect that seems to correlate with strong El Niño years. I've calculated that this move to the WSW will place me in the exact center of the largest storm to ever hit GA/TN on January 11th, 2016. My calculations also further predict that Nashville will get shafted from said storm.

Only way the weekend could have been better would have been to have secured a win and figured out ahead of time getting a hotel would be "doable" after the game. Terrible planning when we didn't know Talladega was this weekend. So............after staying in Tuscaloosa until about 2:30am (which by the way was a lot more fun than I would have thought.) we decided to find a hotel. We knew we couldn't get one IN Tuscaloosa, so headed back to Birmingham only to figure out there were none there either. It's worth a mention you can't really use hotel apps after midnight b/c you are just booking for the following night...lol So on to Cullman. Yep, you guessed it, none there either. Stopping at every hotel exit we FINALLY found one near the TN AL border at 4:50am. The hotel room was a smoky mess and pretty much a dump, but we were just happy to have found a place to lay our heads......

I was in the state of Alabama too last weekend. I went to the Talladega race. There were a ton of people there (some estimates of up to 300,000). Alabama was a busy place that weekend!!!! I heard a lot of roll tide down there, lol. We camped out there from Friday till Sunday afternoon. I would recommend going there to anybody at least once in your lifetime. It is definitely a wild place. We left there after the race and got back home at around 2 am! So it was a long drive.

Grats on the big win last night. moving 20 miles WSW to Lithia Springs will allow me to fully utilize the heliourbanacity effect that seems to correlate with strong El Niño years. I've calculated that this move to the WSW will place me in the exact center of the largest storm to ever hit GA/TN on January 11th, 2016. My calculations also further predict that Nashville will get shafted from said storm.

Actually you are more likely to be in the tornado alley along the wedge boundary! I used to live out in Austell back in the mid 90s....

I was in the state of Alabama too last weekend. I went to the Talladega race. There were a ton of people there (some estimates of up to 300,000). Alabama was a busy place that weekend!!!! I heard a lot of roll tide down there, lol. We camped out there from Friday till Sunday afternoon. I would recommend going there to anybody at least once in your lifetime. It is definitely a wild place. We left there after the race and got back home at around 2 am! So it was a long drive.

Had tickets for 10 years, but quit going once work/home demands became too much.  Rode out many storms in those campgrounds.  And lemme tell ya, there's nothing like sitting in an RV with tornado sirens going off around you, and no way to look at radar because cell service is/was terrible.  This is one of the campgounds we stayed in one year.....not fun!!!

post-10090-0-17754800-1446560049_thumb.j

Congrats on a great win, Jeff! I think it speaks highly of KC that there was not a single arrest for rioting, looting or setting things on fire during the city-wide celebration after the win! It's a shame that those actions seem to be the norm these days.

I always enjoyed watching George Brett play when I was younger (I followed baseball a lot closer back in those years).

Feels like summer. 77. No coat this AM.

That it does Carvers! Been a while since I got an on the job sunburn in November...

The good news is it's going to cool down a little for the game in Knoxville this weekend. Hoping those showers are out of the way an hour before kickoff or so. Regardless, I'll be in Section O as usual. 

Thank you!

Congrats on a great win, Jeff! I think it speaks highly of KC that there was not a single arrest for rioting, looting or setting things on fire during the city-wide celebration after the win! It's a shame that those actions seem to be the norm these days.

I always enjoyed watching George Brett play when I was younger (I followed baseball a lot closer back in those years).

I'm happy to see the home town behaving Royally well. Schools cancelled and business was like Brazil on World Cup day. We had pic going around on Facebook with the crowd: We don't tear up the city. We just shut it down!

Shewwwww!  It's been a CRAZY couple of weeks.  Just wanted to pop on and say congrats to Jeff on the World Series championship.  I cheer for the Twins (1987 and 1991 WC) and I remember how it felt when they won, but like YOU (until this year) it's been far too long.  Enjoy and relish the victory!

Jax, I hope the surgery tomorrow is a success.  It's a very common surgery so you will be fine.  I had a double hernia one time too.  A couple of sore days after the surgery, but not too bad.  Keep a bag of frozen peas on hand and get off the pain killers as soon as possible.  Those things can be addictive!

Shewwwww!  It's been a CRAZY couple of weeks.  Just wanted to pop on and say congrats to Jeff on the World Series championship.  I cheer for the Twins (1987 and 1991 WC) and I remember how it felt when they won, but like YOU (until this year) it's been far too long.  Enjoy and relish the victory!

Jax, I hope the surgery tomorrow is a success.  It's a very common surgery so you will be fine.  I had a double hernia one time too.  A couple of sore days after the surgery, but not too bad.  Keep a bag of frozen peas on hand and get off the pain killers as soon as possible.  Those things can be addictive!

Thanks man,yeah i agree about the pain meds.Don't care for them but they sure help out right now

Op took about 2.5 hrs.Hopefully i feel better in the morning.Son has his first in house gymnastics meet Sunday,sure pray i can make it.

Good Lord.....up to 164 inches forecast through Monday night for Rainier. With heavy snow predicted for the next 3 days after this period ends.

Overnight

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 18. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 29 to 35 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Windy, with a south southwest wind 30 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 17 to 23 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 5. Windy, with a south wind 31 to 34 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 30 to 36 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow before 10am, then snow showers after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 7. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 35 mph increasing to 36 to 41 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 17 to 23 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow showers. Low around -7. Windy, with a west northwest wind 28 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday
Snow. High near 21. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 15. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 23 to 29 inches possible.

Good Lord.....up to 164 inches forecast through Monday night for Rainier. With heavy snow predicted for the next 3 days after this period ends.

I remember having a snowball fight with my brother when visiting Mt. Rainier as a kid long ago in July. It was the highlight of the trip. The above forecast is what makes snowball fights in July possible. :)

My daughter is at Western Washington University in Bellingham....Mount Baker is only getting 70 or so inches :snowing: ...she is looking forward to snow boarding this weekend....

Since you had the same surgery how long did it take you to recover?Last night totally sucked and i'm getting over the pain meds,this blows

Archived