Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
9/9/15 - 9/10/15 rain/t'storm potential

weatherwiz

Sultan signal has been activated in portions of eastern CT I'm guessing:

Sept10_335pm.gif

Shortly after the 'Sox win last night they went over to that FOX babe and she put up a virtual rad image that looks pretty darn spot on with this band. 

not sure if that's based on a model output, but I don't see how it couldn't be.  And if so, which one ?  It seems at least one meso-model picked up that sucker.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shortly after the 'Sox win last night they went over to that FOX babe and she put up a virtual rad image that looks pretty darn spot on with this band. 

not sure if that's based on a model output, but I don't see how it couldn't be.  And if so, which one ?  It seems at least one meso-model picked up that sucker.

RGEM

PWATS of 2'', stalled boundary w/ waves of low pressure riding up along it, some deep moisture convergence, and weak frontogenesis...BOOM...some areas are going to get some pretty damn impressive rainfall totals...maybe 3-4''...isolated 5''?  should be a few more rounds of pretty heavy rains tonight, especially with any convection that occurs.  

EDIT:

Just saw from Ryan on fb that radar estimates as much as 4'' in some parts of New London county...so it's a sure bet someone at least sees 5''...wow

Pretty heavy band creeping onto the south coast.

Keep in mind ... this type of higher pwat air mass will exceed radar appearances... They do have different rad modes they can flip over, and I do believe 'tropical' is one of them. Is KTAN scanning in that mode?

Amazing and thanks for the insight. I got absolutely rocked this morning. Easily the heaviest rain I have ever seen. 3"/hour rates for about 45 minutes. Almost every street underwater in my town. But the radar looked like run of the mill heavy red returns

Archived