Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can set up a proxy at home to tunnel through to access all those blocked sites.  That is.. if you can get around any filter they have to block you from seeing your proxy of course.

Edit: the reason I recommend your own proxy is so your data is safe versus using those shady web proxies that are free.

You can set up a proxy at home to tunnel through to access all those blocked sites.  That is.. if you can get around any filter they have to block you from seeing your proxy of course.

Edit: the reason I recommend your own proxy is so your data is safe versus using those shady web proxies that are free.

You get fired on the spot for that.  Right on the spot.

Or they could treat you like an adult who knows how to manage his time and still get the work done. 

I must say, I agree with Brick on this. I remember about 2 years ago the CEO was trying to float this at my company (a CEO who lasted 3 months mind you) because he would walk by and see people on Facebook. We had none of it. Trying to police how people who work in the digital space spend time online does nothing but build contempt. If someone can't control themselves they should be let go...but so long as it's safe work they shouldn't be told how they can spend time on the internet. Only caveat for some would be security risks that come with idiots using facebook...but that can just as easily happen with email. 

Looks like my kids might not get to play their last two soccer games. The games last Saturday were rained out, and looks too wet this week for the make-up games and the regularly scheduled games this Saturday. They are playing through the YMCA, and they said they might not be able to play past October 3 because they lease the field from a church. Really not happy with paying that much money and them both missing two games. I haven't been happy with the league over all because my son only had three teams in his and six games, and my daughter had four teams and only seven games. Now it looks like they might not get to play two of those games. They played in a different league last year that had more teams and games, but they had practice the same day as games and the season didn't start until October. It made for some long days and cold games in November. Plus, they were playing on Sundays this year. But I guess that would be better than paying the same amount for less games. I think the YMCA should have let the parents know they didn't really have enough teams and offered refunds. My son played in the YMCA two years ago and they had more teams and games. I guess people are going to other leagues now. It would be nice if there was a league through the town's parks and rec, because it would probably be cheaper and have more teams and games.

I must say, I agree with Brick on this. I remember about 2 years ago the CEO was trying to float this at my company (a CEO who lasted 3 months mind you) because he would walk by and see people on Facebook. We had none of it. Trying to police how people who work in the digital space spend time online does nothing but build contempt. If someone can't control themselves they should be let go...but so long as it's safe work they shouldn't be told how they can spend time on the internet. Only caveat for some would be security risks that come with idiots using facebook...but that can just as easily happen with email. 

There are many cases of people clicking links and accidentally getting malware installed on important networks.  I guess working at a firm dealing with investments and all that stuff they'd rather be safe than sorry.  Like you said, E-mail is just as easy.. although it's much easier for someone to accidentally trust something from someone they know who had already been infected across social media than a random email that might would get stopped through a spam filter.

It's pretty crazy how uneducated some people really are on using the internet and how to protect themselves.

hey guys I am writing a 1500 research paper about CAD for English class. She wants me to turn my thesis statement in early. so I just wanted to run by what I had really quick and see what you guys thought. this is it : Rough thesis - Cold air Damming : In order to achieve an intermediate understanding of cold air damming, one must examine its properties and characteristic pertaining to the synoptic and mesoscale processes of the three types of CAD

hey guys I am writing a 1500 research paper about CAD for English class. She wants me to turn my thesis statement in early. so I just wanted to run by what I had really quick and see what you guys thought. this is it : Rough thesis - Cold air Damming : In order to achieve an intermediate understanding of cold air damming, one must examine its properties and characteristic pertaining to the synoptic and mesoscale processes of the three types of CAD

That's a pretty cool idea for a paper......

Archived