Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, App hung around for a quarter.

Auburn got lucky.

Am I wrong for kinda wanting the fake Gamecocks to win that game?  SEC here, but man.. Auburn hasn't looked too great for two games now.  Considering their National rank.  Plus I have a personal rivalry against them.

Well guys, I just found out that more than likely I'll be moving to Amsterdam for work around October/November. I still plan on being active on here. On a plus note I'll be in an awesome European country and be up for every Euro run lol. 

Congrats!!!   :D    

I'm gonna miss you   :(     

Some small pieces from the Datsun 510 collection

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

:wub: 

Thanks, everyone, it's not 100% certain yet but it's about 90% likely. I'll know for sure by the end of this month. I'm very excited and I already told my CEO I'm ready to take it on. My wife and I have always wanted to live abroad so this is a nice check off on the old bucket list. Yea I plan on doing PBP for big storms cause well, it'll probably comfort my home sickness...or make it worse. I guess I'll find out.

Congrats man! Good luck and I hope to see you still doing the pbp for us from Europe. It will be interesting to see you posting in here with your location in Amsterdam. New posters will be like "what the hell?"

Congrats man! Good luck and I hope to see you still doing the pbp for us from Europe. It will be interesting to see you posting in here with your location in Amsterdam. New posters will be like "what the hell?"

European subforum? That would be interesting. If you really want a place in Europe that is snowy, go to Switzerland.

lol, you live at 36 degrees latitude and Amsterdam is 52 degrees latitude. Why would you think you get more snow than Amsterdam ? Anyway, according to wikipedia Amsterdam has 26 snowy days a year. It doesn't say how many inches though.

Actually, he's right. Many areas of western Europe, Great Britain and Ireland average less snow than parts of the interior SE US. The gulf Stream has a big moderating effect on the winters there, while the US gets cold air straight from the arctic with no oceans in the way. They do have much cooler summers than we do, but still see heatwaves that bring 90s and even triple digits from time to time. They also can get some really good severe thunderstorms in the summer.

Felt like Fall this morning. It was really nice!

So bored with the weather, I don't really track or care about severe weather but this summer seemed like a dud, no Atlantic tropical systems have sniffed the conus and this repetitive west coast trough is a snoozer. Although I guess we get a respite for a couple of days.

Hey guys, I plan on taking some Met ED courses and lessons and I'm curious to ask what courses have yall took that you found interesting, knowledge filled, or anything out of the box (meaning other geoscience lessons or courses worth taking)?

Enrolled at a school or online at your own pace?

Just remember Burger that when we go to nowcast mode on these winter storms, you'll be 5-6 hours ahead of us. So dont go telling everyone how much snow we're gonna get. You will seriously ruin Brick's party, although you could be saving us from 1000's of MBY posts.

+10

own place sir

If you aren't too familiar with computer models and station models, I'd begin there. It's usually called Introductory to Meteorology, or something similar. Without that knowledge you'll be lost because a lot of it builds on itself. As for additional geosciences, do something with mapping/GIS.

Just remember Burger that when we go to nowcast mode on these winter storms, you'll be 5-6 hours ahead of us. So dont go telling everyone how much snow we're gonna get. You will seriously ruin Brick's party, although you could be saving us from 1000's of MBY posts.

I wouldn't move if I didn't think I could tell everyone the future. 

Archived