Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure we get below 30F this weekend. The latest EPS is interesting, it's trying to get things colder in the central part of the country day 10+ with ridging in the west but the pig +AO isn't helping.

NWS going with 29 and 26 here for Friday and Saturday night. Will be the 4th and 5th freeze of the fall so far.

I've had frost 4 nights already. Albeit one of them was light.Even had a hard freeze one night. The pattern is getting ready to change late next week. Let's watch the direction it is evolving in as that will hint at how it's going to set up for the first half of December. I can see a trough carving out in the midsection of the countty the first few weeks of December then progressing east through Jan and Feb. Time will tell.

Pack, check out the 12z euro strat plots on Wxbell. First time I've seen a nice elongation of the PV this fall. Most noticeable @ 30-50hpa. IF (and a really really big IF) that trend holds, I would assume that the persistent pattern in the high latitudes would begin to shift things a bit. It's no surprise the op shows a large displacement of cold air deep into TX d8-10. Probably overdone (and I really don't care either way) but we should keep an eye on the strat plots and see if things may be in for a shift or the perfect target shape continues. lol.   

Pack, check out the 12z euro strat plots on Wxbell. First time I've seen a nice elongation of the PV this fall. Most noticeable @ 30-50hpa. IF (and a really really big IF) that trend holds, I would assume that the persistent pattern in the high latitudes would begin to shift things a bit. It's no surprise the op shows a large displacement of cold air deep into TX d8-10. Probably overdone (and I really don't care either way) but we should keep an eye on the strat plots and see if things may be in for a shift or the perfect target shape continues. lol.

Well it's a start and nice to see. Would love to see this thing pulverized over the next few weeks.

Well it's a start and nice to see. Would love to see this thing pulverized over the next few weeks.

Yea, that's just it. We gotta start somewhere right? It's been a beast. Not uncommon of course but if we are going to see any type of decent pattern in Dec, that thing has got to take a few on the chin and maybe a couple kicks in the pill box for good measure. 

LOL - deleted my previous post. Had it in my mind that next week is Thanksgiving. Must be because I just bought the turkey this week :D Anyways, Wed night and Thur this coming week are still looking very wet. 12z GFS drops 1.5" +/- in the RDU area.

Yep...wetness returns, the next few days should be very nice though.

post-2311-0-30819600-1447604335_thumb.pn

Euro last night ran out to thanksgiving so we dont know the exact conditions for the day just yet but the day before was a 70 degree day across most of NC.

Yeah. The models are vastly different and the GFS 06z ensemble disagrees with the cold and pumps a massive ridge I believe.There's lows throughout the SE on the 06z GFS in the 20's for a lot of folks. It's still something to watch given the current level of uncertainty.

(Time Sensitive)

test8.gif

Indices are a little better today:

PNA   - Heads positive after a drop more negative

AO     - More of a negative trend in the LR than what was shown yesterday

NAO   - More runs split between negative and positive than yesterday

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/teleconnections.shtml

Looks like a roller coaster ride this week. Highs in the 70s for Wednesday and close to 70 Thursday, with possible storms, and then might not get above 50 the start of next week before it warms up again. Getting things primed for winter.

Any chance we could have some strong storms around here Thursday?

No. The wedge will stop the severe threat, for the central and western Carolinas , in my opinion !

Archived