• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Greenmachine1123
    Newest Member
    Greenmachine1123
WxWatcher007

September Banter

speaking of picturesque -- been trying out different back road options to take the kiddo to/from daycare... cannot wait for the first morning snow with just a hint of daylight on the horizon, the drive will be amazing. 

I moved the family from Bel Air to Gambrills this summer.  Going to miss the higher elevations.  It wasn't quite Mt. Parkton, but Bel Air was up there a bit and favored snow during those borderline mix precip. 

I moved the family from Bel Air to Gambrills this summer.  Going to miss the higher elevations.  It wasn't quite Mt. Parkton, but Bel Air was up there a bit and favored snow during those borderline mix precip. 

ouch, that is quite the move and loss of elevation. ill mail snow your way ;) 

Settlement Thursday and moving this weekend.  Buying a house has been top 3 most stressful things of my life.  Can't wait until Sunday is over. 

I'd prefer early season snow vs 2nd half snow overall too but that's not generally how it works around here. After PD it can torch tho.

Bel Air is one of the best spots for weather in NE MD. Great severe, rain, and snow. Not too bad with winter temps either.

Sorry for your loss :(

I'd prefer early season snow vs 2nd half snow overall too but that's not generally how it works around here. After PD it can torch tho.

My thought also,  I like cold and snow in December through early February. 

I moved the family from Bel Air to Gambrills this summer. Going to miss the higher elevations. It wasn't quite Mt. Parkton, but Bel Air was up there a bit and favored snow during those borderline mix precip.

Actually, much of Gambrills is around 200' and for Anne Arundel County isn't the worst place to be thanks to being relatively west. That said, you're pretty much screwed like me for any storm when N&W of Baltimore matters. On the bright side, you're close to a lot of shopping. :-/

Settlement Thursday and moving this weekend. Buying a house has been top 3 most stressful things of my life. Can't wait until Sunday is over.

Congrats! And good luck!

Bel Air is one of the best spots for weather in NE MD. Great severe, rain, and snow. Not too bad with winter temps either.

Sorry for your loss :(

We can rub it in his face this winter

Congrats! And good luck!

Congrats.

Thanks!  I think it will work out well in the end, but it's not a fun process. 

I was born in the 60's, I'm in the process of completing my 'off the work grid' plan.

Rewarded for causing massive damage, classic western civilization. In the end it is equitable for everyone born before 2000 but I refuse to be selfish on such an important issue.

I'll be lucky to reach 60 even with all the 'bells & whistles that typically raise standard of living such as a quality education and good skillset.

Rewarded for causing massive damage, classic western civilization. In the end it is equitable for everyone born before 2000 but I refuse to be selfish on such an important issue.

I'll be lucky to reach 60 even with all the 'bells & whistles that typically raise standard of living such as a quality education and good skillset.

C'mon. I want to hear about your job and your skill set. I want to hear about your success as a millennial and extrapolate that forward and predict your contributions to the future world.

C'mon. I want to hear about your job and your skill set. I want to hear about your success as a millennial and extrapolate that forward and predict your contributions to the future world.

You would define my vision of success as a fail altho I would prefer to preserve myself and throw a wrench into the gears of civilization at the same time. This seems extremely difficult to do collectively but all we need is a moderate to light slowdown to prevent a full extinction outcome in the long-run, granted life will be rough for future humans no matter what we do, that part is already baked in.

The only thing stopping me is the death of millions who depend on rampant energy generation.

We can get things moving over a 30-year period with minimal casualties but we are drawing down on our reserves every passing day without action and we to have compromise before risk multipliers kick in.

The US could scrape by in a post-carbon world quite nicely no matter what and I am somewhat optimistic in this regard. All or nothing eventually.

My skill sets are so obvious as to not need explaining. Let's get back to the big picture.

You would define my vision of success as a fail altho I would prefer to preserve myself and throw a wrench into the gears of civilization at the same time. This seems extremely difficult to do collectively but all we need is a moderate to light slowdown to prevent a full extinction outcome in the long-run, granted life will be rough for future humans no matter what we do, that part is already baked in.

The only thing stopping me is the death of millions who depend on rampant energy generation.

We can get things moving over a 30-year period with minimal casualties but we are drawing down on our reserves every passing day without action and we to have compromise before risk multipliers kick in.

The US could scrape by in a post-carbon world quite nicely no matter what and I am somewhat optimistic in this regard. All or nothing eventually.

My skill sets are so obvious as to not need explaining. Let's get back to the big picture.

If you could somehow harness this post with the ad for "Bad Idea Tee Shirts" that is constantly showing up on my phone, and you'd have your future right in your hands.....nahhhhhh!

I moved the family from Bel Air to Gambrills this summer. Going to miss the higher elevations. It wasn't quite Mt. Parkton, but Bel Air was up there a bit and favored snow during those borderline mix precip.

Welcome to the area. We haven't done terrible in the last two years, but you'll def notice a drop off from Bel air. We do better than areas along the bay and south of 50 in most temp dependent events.

My thought also,  I like cold and snow in December through early February. 

It'd be nice to have some weather around. :D

Thanks!  I think it will work out well in the end, but it's not a fun process. 

start exercising your writing hand now.  you will have about 10,000 papers to sign at closing

goddamn, all you think about is AGW 24/7.  maybe go find a hobby like model building or legos because you come off as a nutjob.  just sayin

goddamn, all you think about is AGW 24/7.  maybe go find a hobby like model building or legos because you come off as a nutjob.  just sayin

Context is key. I have too many hobbies.

As far as I can tell. Everyone should be thinking about AGW especially if you have kids. You'd be a nut-job to ignore it, or worse an idiot. 

I joke about being an extremist but deep down I'm serious about AGW in a more simple way and respect other people's opinions. I just figured by now that more people would be on-board and moving towards action. Even if the first stage is 'walls of text.

Hopefully there will be a new deal-level workers program for modernization of our infrastructure and energy grid in the next few years.