• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chicago area posters wanna chill and have a meet 'n greet?

Gilbertfly

Dates for the meet and greet  

14 members have voted

1. 1. when should we meet up???

• October 17th
    • October 24th
    • November 7th
    • November 14th
    • none of these work for me....i'll put an alternative option in a reply

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that turned out well. We must have had 10 guys there total.

I'll definitely be a regular at any future meetup, it was a lot of fun.

Special thanks to Sokolow.

Yeah, let's try to make this an annual thing. Pretty bummed I missed it, but with my ongoing recovery from my accident and the difficulty of going by train from dekalb (as I haven't been able to drive since February); I just couldn't make it work. Would have had to ride all the way downtown, and then ride another line back out, or über'd to aurora to catch the train, and über'd back (at significant expense).

Would like to put faces to names, as I consider everyone here my "weather nerd family". So let's try to make it an annual event, with plenty of notice to make travel plans, and do this shindig again.

Yeah, let's try to make this an annual thing. Pretty bummed I missed it, but with my ongoing recovery from my accident and the difficulty of going by train from dekalb (as I haven't been able to drive since February); I just couldn't make it work. Would have had to ride all the way downtown, and then ride another line back out, or über'd to aurora to catch the train, and über'd back (at significant expense).

Would like to put faces to names, as I consider everyone here my "weather nerd family". So let's try to make it an annual event, with plenty of notice to make travel plans, and do this shindig again.

Agree - wish I could have made it.  Would be great to do it again next year.

Totally agree with making it a regular event.

It was a lot of fun hanging out Saturday night. Wish you and more people could have made it. Will have to put more tables together next time if that's the case! I think we put 4 together on Saturday night.

...yeah I think it is time to free bowme.

Totally agree with making it a regular event.

It was a lot of fun hanging out Saturday night. Wish you and more people could have made it. Will have to put more tables together next time if that's the case! I think we put 4 together on Saturday night.

...yeah I think it is time to free bowme.

Bowme's lack of freedom was discussed. It should happen.

• 3 months later...

Thinking of trying to slide the annual meet n greet into the summer. Perhaps a setting where some spirits can flow and family can come and keep busy and enjoy themselves. Perhaps a park or something. Also allow for a little walk around time to catch up with each other. If that sounds somewhat do able I will start poking around a bit so hopefully we can have a few month lead time

Thinking of trying to slide the annual meet n greet into the summer. Perhaps a setting where some spirits can flow and family can come and keep busy and enjoy themselves. Perhaps a park or something. Also allow for a little walk around time to catch up with each other. If that sounds somewhat do able I will start poking around a bit so hopefully we can have a few month lead time

I would certainly be game. I missed last year due to my car accident, but hopefully should be healed up and cleared to drive sometime after June.

I can dig this...especially after peak chase season ends around mid-June.

I'd be down to come back to Chicago again for another GTG.

It was awesome that you made the trip last fall. Had you in mind thinking of a place where people can spend a little more time and walk around and chat a bit since you put in the biggest effort making the trip.

I will hopefully throw some options out soon to choose from so you can start reviewing your schedule and choosing any hotels and such if you decide to go that route.

With that in mind...if anyone has any ideas for some outdoor family friendly venues please post it up. We can grill and/or get some piles of food from portillos or something and bring it. I can bring a few coolers and from there whatever else "you" want to bring for yourself/family/kids for eats and drinks.

Archived