joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thurs system is tricky because it depends on when the system closes off and tilts neutral to negative. The GFS has slowed it down a lot this run but it doesn't tilt until it's east of us.

Still a positive tilt.

500mbrelvortconus.png

And more of a neutral to negative tilt.

500mbrelvortconus.png

Light snow falling now, its sticking...road is covered! First snow thats stuck this season lol, probly wont last much longer though shame...lol so much for the 30 percent chance. They say chance it snows, they make a big deal and it busts haha. So awesome to see!

Picked up my first trace of snow last night. That's about it for me.

OKwx, MoweatherGuy....got a dusting here as well. It came down fairly decent from 11pm right up until 12:08 am lol. Tomorrow/tomorrow nights forecast seems to keep changing and now the bigger storm for lateweek has been pretty much dropped to nothing!! The storm for later this week was the one I was really interested in, guess models will probly keep flopping on that for a few days lol.

OKwx, MoweatherGuy....got a dusting here as well. It came down fairly decent from 11pm right up until 12:08 am lol. Tomorrow/tomorrow nights forecast seems to keep changing and now the bigger storm for lateweek has been pretty much dropped to nothing!! The storm for later this week was the one I was really interested in, guess models will probly keep flopping on that for a few days lol.

Yeah. Looks like I'm going to be right on the western flank of some good snow but hopefully you can pick up some.

Yeah not gonna be our week here in NWA. System 1 passes just to our north tomorrow and system 2 gets its act together just east of here Thursday. Let's hope February has a couple of tricks up its sleeve for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah not gonna be our week here in NWA. System 1 passes just to our north tomorrow and system 2 gets its act together just east of here Thursday. Let's hope February has a couple of tricks up its sleeve for us.

Don't forget the system the GFS found yesterday/last night at about 192 on the 12z run today.

This cold air, and models eroding it too quickly and the 12z NAM have me concerned we may get freezing rain in SW MO and maybe even NW AR instead of rain on Tues as it has got progressively colder along with the other models. Amounts should be light though.

accfrzrc.png

12z Euro continues the trend of colder temps in SW MO and NW AR for Tues. Still doesn't look like a big deal but light freezing rain/drizzle can be a headache.

It's also slowed the Thursday system down some. Temps are problematic but it's hitting S MO and N AR with something 'frozen' this run.

Is it hitting further west into NW AR for Thursday now?

Compared to last nights run, yes. It's close enough to hope it's a trend. The area that gets more this run is going to be east of a Springfield, MO to Harrison, AR line. 

12z Euro continues the trend of colder temps in SW MO and NW AR for Tues. Still doesn't look like a big deal but light freezing rain/drizzle can be a headache.

It's also slowed the Thursday system down some. Temps are problematic but it's hitting S MO and N AR with something 'frozen' this run.

What does it show in mid Mo?

Archived