Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

What day?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It was on Day 10. Been kind of stuck there a few runs. Both the GFS/Euro have a big day 10ish system. There's some snow or something around day 6-7 or so with a system that gets the phase wrong but enough moisture to wring out some snow across OK and maybe into AR. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty boring 12z Euro run again until around Day 8 when it starts to crank the beast storm up. Doesn't really know what to do with it so it just meanders NE. Probably be big snows in the western 1/2 of OK up into central KS this run.

Both 12Z and 18Z GFS pointed to an impressive storm system--likely with impressive wintry/snow accumulations-- mid/late next week across the central and southern plains. As has been discussed in here recently, I believe...

Yeah. Keeps showing something brewing but not going to get my hopes up just yet.

00z Euro still has the big storm, but still doesn't know what to do with it. Any snow/frozen is still back in central/western KS to NW OK. Prior to that, has a couple of light events in different parts of the Plains. None of those really look like that big of a deal though.

12z Euro again pretty unexciting for this area until the big storm arrives. May start feeling the effects of that next Wed/Thurs. Still doesn't know what to do with it, and another big storm is beaching itself in CA so it looks suspicious having it cutoff over the ARKLATEX.

So the Euro next Wednesday is not the same system as the NW flow action the GFS has?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Does something different with it. The GFS brings it through as an open trough, while the Euro has more energy farther south down into Mexico and uses it to form a closed cutoff low down in Texas. It's pretty much all rain in our area though.

So it seems everything gets lost as we get closer to something that showed up on earlier runs lol, no shocker there. We are starting to run out of time, not for it to snow really but for stuff to stick around very long cause of that blazing fireball in the sky. I just don't think we are going to see anything or much at all this winter guys/gals. Its just a dud warm weird winter season, I agree with spot...if it's not going to do anything bring on the warmth. So depressing really as I love winter! Will we even hit our normal of 9 inches or whatever it is here lol? Probly not who knows for sure.

So it seems everything gets lost as we get closer to something that showed up on earlier runs lol, no shocker there. We are starting to run out of time, not for it to snow really but for stuff to stick around very long cause of that blazing fireball in the sky. I just don't think we are going to see anything or much at all this winter guys/gals. Its just a dud warm weird winter season, I agree with spot...if it's not going to do anything bring on the warmth. So depressing really as I love winter! Will we even hit our normal of 9 inches or whatever it is here lol? Probly not who knows for sure.

Lol. I agree with you. It's 62 and not a cloud in the sky. This weather blows....for January. Lol. Our odds of making it to 8 inches start going downhill pretty fast after the next week or so. Unless February is a totally new and improved pattern, we aren't looking good.

The 12z Euro control was more interesting, especially for the AR and OK folks. The individual ensemble members are all over the place with frozen chances over the next 10 days though.

Really really inconsistent from run to run though. Might as well call it the EFS. Lol

Lol. I agree with you. It's 62 and not a cloud in the sky. This weather blows....for January. Lol. Our odds of making it to 8 inches start going downhill pretty fast after the next week or so. Unless February is a totally new and improved pattern, we aren't looking good.

I'm kind of seeing December redux in the weeklies. Eh, who knows at this point.

I'm kind of seeing December redux in the weeklies. Eh, who knows at this point.

Yeah. It's crap. Those folks who peddle the recurring weather patterns and cycles really have a year to put their stamp on this year. Been the same thing over and over since November. Winter fail.

Archived