Weathernoob335
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yep kiss of death here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yep lets see if this will be bust number 5 or 6 this season, their track record is horrible! I hate to bash and I know its a tough a^^ job but, yep will leave it at that. Its backed off here too now, just flurries and back to a rain/flurry mix. I think springfield and kansas city were really good though, mount holly in jersey was pretty crappy too.

My snowless streak is officially broken. Finally got to see measurable snow. I was watching on my radar app and the area around and in my county was the only one that showed snow the whole time. Got to see some beautiful snowflakes too but was too sleepy to post about it. Now I'm wide awake. Go figure.

My snowless streak is officially broken. Finally got to see measurable snow. I was watching on my radar app and the area around and in my county was the only one that showed snow the whole time. Got to see some beautiful snowflakes too but was too sleepy to post about it. Now I'm wide awake. Go figure.

awwww man Im so jelous now haha, it seems like every area around me once again gets something. Man this place is snowless big time and I hate it lol. It was 37 earlier and snowing but not sticking, its 32 now and its back to rain....I swear it makes 0 sense to me!

That's an awesome picture. The county I live in has a slight elevation effect like that I believe. It's pretty neat. Last night, 500 more feet would have made a huge difference. You could see the snow above town in the lights for a long time before it ever started reaching the ground.

Wow that is an awesome pic JoMo. You know, maybe I havent searched good enough out here, but it seems out here lookout points like that are hard to find that shows how high up you really are in the midwest. In jersey when we use to backpack the appalachian trail when I was in my 20's they would be everywhere and you know when your up. Out here its hard to tell, I have seen some neat ones here in arkansas though. Ok enough of my boring rants lol, sounds like elevation was key last night for snowfall? Hell we are about 1,250 feet up right here on my road according to my old garmin.

It started out as rain and around 10pm it changed over to snow until 7am this morning. I watched from my window and my IPcam  on my desktop . For all it's effort we got 3/4" total and was gone by 8:30am .  But I can't complain as we did get to watch it snow for several hours last night .I suppose are chances of getting an area wide nice snow for everybody is out and will have to wait until next year . Very sad winter indeed .

Some nice storms set to roll through on the first early morning of meteorological Spring. Good riddance winter of 2015-16!!

Highly agree lol!!! Lets hope next winter isnt so much of a stinker! My grass is already beginning to grow sighhhh, going to be starting off really early this year cutting crap probly. I have a feeling this is gonna be a scorcher of a summer too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone getting bold and planting their garden early?  No end in sight to the nice wx...

It's probably not a bad idea to plant cold season crops soon. Radishes, onions, and those that can take a frost or freeze. Too early to plant tomatoes or anything that can't take a frost though. Got to wait until late April or early May for those usually. 

• 3 weeks later...

I planted onions and radishes about a week and a half ago. The freeze didn't hurt them and it won't hurt them although soil temps did get down to about 39 last weekend. Early May (usually around May 10th) for the rest of the stuff though. 

• 2 months later...

Been thankful for the lack of tornadoes this year, including tornado watches in this area. 

2016_torww_to_date.png

That does fit in pretty well with El Nino tornado climatology (top)

tornado-map-best-1024x957.jpg

Models are signaling La Nina conditions for this winter, so next Spring we'll probably see the bottom half of the above graphic....

figure3.gif

figure4.gif

Archived