Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to be too warm, rain slop snow mix. I didnt even know about this and havent even been following the forum or even checking the weather then tonight my neighbors wife comes out and says hey "walt" we are supposed to get a foot of snow by wednesday afternoon. Im like yea right dont be messing with me like this lol, she knows Im a snow freak. I knew that foot of snow didn't sound right so had to come check here and look at some stuff. Not buying into this one as well, this winter just bores me and Im done with it lol.

lol, 00z NAM has about 2 feet falling between here and Monett. 

Granted it's very marginal and will probably be a rain/snow mix. The lower levels just aren't cold enough, but the system deepens rapidly and heavy snow (assuming thermals support it) would develop on the NW fringe of the system.

acc10_1snowc.png

This is going to be pretty much all storm dynamics over anything else. Basically a crap shoot any way you look at it down here.

Do u think it bears watching? Im totally unsure about it, for one its just been way to darn warm and the ground is really warm. Seems like everyone is tooting a horn over this saying to watch out for tomorrow night/wednesday lol. I want to believe it but yet I dont, we have been burnt bad this winter and I have seen 4 totally busted forecasts now with these things haha.

I'm still thinking a rain/snow mix. If dynamic cooling from the deepening storm system can cool the column enough, (mostly the low layers) then there could be some bouts of heavier snow, but as far as anything really sticking..... don't think it will be that big of a deal in our area... the area just east of our area, may have a greater chance because it will be falling after dark and might be a bit cooler. 

I'm still thinking a rain/snow mix. If dynamic cooling from the deepening storm system can cool the column enough, (mostly the low layers) then there could be some bouts of heavier snow, but as far as anything really sticking..... don't think it will be that big of a deal in our area... the area just east of our area, may have a greater chance because it will be falling after dark and might be a bit cooler. 

Agree with you also on this, maybe on grass but I dont know where they were getting 12"+ on social media that I seen, joker maps probly haha. Just way too warm even if it does get colder for a bit again, weekend rebounds and blowtorches right back lol.

Agree with you also on this, maybe on grass but I dont know where they were getting 12"+ on social media that I seen, joker maps probly haha. Just way too warm even if it does get colder for a bit again, weekend rebounds and blowtorches right back lol.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, the warmest temperature I've ever seen it snow is now 39 degrees.

Just another weird storm, it never really did anything til about 3pm here today unlike them all saying around 1am last night lol. Right on the fringe of that WWA but who cares im sure it would just bust anyhow if they were to stick us in one haha. I dont understand things but I find it so odd a storm with a track this far south dumps some snow just to the east of here but really nothing here? Weird, but I dont understand the tech. mumbo jumbo like some you guys do.

Nah. Back to nothing now. Guess that's it here lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So funny, wasnt supposed to happen til after midnight through mid am. Im waiting for tulsa to throw the good ole advisory out lol, they seems to do that a lot....a flake flies and out goes an advisory then comes the bust haha.

Nevermind there it is hahaha, the advisory came right as I must of been typing that up....how predictable! Now I am sure nothing will come from this. Calling for up to an inch and for temps to cool enough for it to stick everywhere, nope dont see that happening either....Im so negative this winter but we have been burnt badly.

Archived