• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

Spring is coming soon guys and gals. By far the worst winter (no snow) I've witnessed in the past 20+ yrs. SMDH..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06-07 was equally horrible and 12-13 was horrible for me also. I don't count the snow in May that year as really being snow.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spring is coming soon guys and gals. By far the worst winter (no snow) I've witnessed in the past 20+ yrs. SMDH..

Yea I agree I think we are just about done for this winter lol, the worst I have ever seen since I can remember actually!!! The warmest as well, lets not freakin repeat this craptastic winter again! The little storm I had hopes for on the weekend is now dying, that forecast was once looking ok for even a little ice but now the temps have been risen and says rain, SHOCKER!!! nope lol

00Z GFS shows that winter is basically gone, at least for as far as the run goes out. Every day-time high past tomorrow is well above freezing, many of the daily lows are actually above freezing too. Incredible.

Yup. It's been real and it's been fun. Just hasn't been real fun this year. Lol

Well Cosgrove is still on the 57-58 analog and winter is far from over. Boy do I feel better now.

It's mid-Feb. It's pretty much over. We'd have to get one of those big bowling ball storms in March, which is still possible, but one 12" snowfall that melts off the next day and that's it, is not a 'good' winter for winter lovers.  Not sure what next year will bring. The latest consensus forecast moved the chances of a La Nina down, and the chances of neutral conditions up. The latest CFS looks like it wants to do El Nino again.... maybe this time we'll actually get an El-Nino pattern that sticks around.

It's mid-Feb. It's pretty much over. We'd have to get one of those big bowling ball storms in March, which is still possible, but one 12" snowfall that melts off the next day and that's it, is not a 'good' winter for winter lovers.  Not sure what next year will bring. The latest consensus forecast moved the chances of a La Nina down, and the chances of neutral conditions up. The latest CFS looks like it wants to do El Nino again.... maybe this time we'll actually get an El-Nino pattern that sticks around.

I have seen some monster snow storms in my time in march, but 3/4 of the time they suck cause like you said they melt off in a day or 2! Isn't really my idea of a fun winter storm lol, I wanna see something stick around for a while and stay cold. This forecast is going to bust tonight, Im almost betting on it. Im grouchy I know sorry, this has been a sad pathetic winter.

It's mid-Feb. It's pretty much over. We'd have to get one of those big bowling ball storms in March, which is still possible, but one 12" snowfall that melts off the next day and that's it, is not a 'good' winter for winter lovers. Not sure what next year will bring. The latest consensus forecast moved the chances of a La Nina down, and the chances of neutral conditions up. The latest CFS looks like it wants to do El Nino again.... maybe this time we'll actually get an El-Nino pattern that sticks around.

Yeah. Maybe we'll get an El Niño 'lag' effect next year. Hopefully a little more cooperative atmosphere at least.

Meanwhile, mid 70s are going to feel pretty nice next Thursday. Maybe I really will be mowing by mid-March.

Currently 90 degrees in portions of northwestern Oklahoma. I'll never forget the morning Nowata, Ok fell to -31 in February 2011. Pretty wild for a non-mountainous state to have a 121-degree temp range for one particular month. Anyone know what Oklahoma's all-time warm February temperature is?

Currently 90 degrees in portions of northwestern Oklahoma. I'll never forget the morning Nowata, Ok fell to -31 in February 2011. Pretty wild for a non-mountainous state to have a 121-degree temp range for one particular month. Anyone know what Oklahoma's all-time warm February temperature is?

I'm not sure what the all-time state record is but Beaver most likely had it at 89 until today which is now 90. We do have some of the most extreme same month and 24 hour temperature swings in history. Some have stood since as far back as 1911-12.

Made it up to 74 yesterday in Kansas City with numerous out of control grass fires. Expecting it to be 70 today with another Red Flag Warning posted, but at least the wind will not be what it was yesterday..we had gusts in the neighborhood of 40 to 45 MPH. Snowfall still stands at 5.3 for the season and with no snow in sight this has turned out to be a rather boring winter. I have a feeling the same will continue into the spring, its been several years since Kansas City has seen an active severe weather season.

Made it up to 74 yesterday in Kansas City with numerous out of control grass fires. Expecting it to be 70 today with another Red Flag Warning posted, but at least the wind will not be what it was yesterday..we had gusts in the neighborhood of 40 to 45 MPH. Snowfall still stands at 5.3 for the season and with no snow in sight this has turned out to be a rather boring winter. I have a feeling the same will continue into the spring, its been several years since Kansas City has seen an active severe weather season.

Yeah, the fires are pretty bad down here the last 2 days as well. My local fire department has been working fires in the area since late in the night last night.

12z Euro has 'frozen' over much of the area on Tues night and Wed. Low level temps don't drop below freezing. Look to stay around 35 degrees. 925 MB temps around freezing.....850 MB and 700 MB temps are below freezing. Possibly heavy snow, or just rain.

I'm on the road this weekend off my schedule lol. Does the Euro have any support on this Tuesday nite?

12z GEM looks like rain. 12z GFS looks like it wants the snow farther east. Can't believe we have a big strong system passing to our south and it's between rain or snow, lol

Archived