Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup I live in West Tulsa right next to the Arkansas River and I-44 and one band was parked over us for awhile. At least 3 inches have fallen, but I haven't been out yet and it's still coming down. This overperformed what I was thinking. Very pretty!

Yup I live in West Tulsa right next to the Arkansas River and I-44 and one band was parked over us for awhile. At least 3 inches have fallen, but I haven't been out yet and it's still coming down. This overperformed what I was thinking. Very pretty!

Hoping that band can make it all the way over here but not going to get my hopes up yet.

OKwx..I hope it holds together for you. Mike Collier said on Facebook not all parts of Tulsa got the same amounts. If you were down south and east like Broken Arrow or Bixby, you didn't get much. But West Tulsa and the heart of Tulsa got in the bands and pockets of 3-5 range. I bet that gradient is going to look nuts!

Game. Set. Match. Time to move on.

Man, tracking something for 5 days and getting nothing is way worse than having nothing to track at all. It plays with my emotions way too much.

Lol. You might hate the rest of winter then. I hope not though.

OKwx..I hope it holds together for you. Mike Collier said on Facebook not all parts of Tulsa got the same amounts. If you were down south and east like Broken Arrow or Bixby, you didn't get much. But West Tulsa and the heart of Tulsa got in the bands and pockets of 3-5 range. I bet that gradient is going to look nuts!

Yeah. It's a pretty spotty snow. I'm still hung up at 33 degrees here so nothing will probably accumulate anyway.

Pretty much a Non event here and a bust so far, hey MoWeatherGuy what happened up your way anything? Seems like where little intense bands set up determined who got anything.

Diddly squat here, just a few light flakes. Never got cold enough for one thing. Then the bulk of the precip stayed north and west of us here.

Let's see.. 12z Euro still has a weak little system Wed night and Thurs morning. Then it turns into a convoluted mess past day 5 or so with what it wants to do with a bunch of energy over the west. Looks like it wants to dig a trough across NM and TX but there's energy everywhere and that's going to take a bit to sort out. And then another system it looks like pushing out of the SW around day 10.  So 3 possible systems to watch over the next 10 days.

FWIW, north side of OKC here and we got exactly 1", mostly in one band that lasted about an hour just before and after sunrise this morning. Based on local news, it seems like the heavier bands (with 2" to 3" totals) stayed mostly just south and east of OKC instead of north and west.

Archived