Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys can pretend to enjoy warm September days all you like, but I know you'd take a 41/69 day over a 63/86 one in a heartbeat. We're about 4 weeks away from the average first frost date for some of the cooler spots in CT, and only 7-10 days away for some places in NNE, yet we're still seeing forecasts mentioning the word hot.

You guys can pretend to enjoy warm September days all you like, but I know you'd take a 41/69 day over a 63/86 one in a heartbeat. We're about 4 weeks away from the average first frost date for some of the cooler spots in CT, and only 7-10 days away for some places in NNE, yet we're still seeing forecasts mentioning the word hot.

guess you have never experienced a hot September day in virtual solitude on RI beaches in warm water with overhead swells. The best time of year for hot. Sun loses its bite and days are shorter. I live for September's like this.

Well not all of us can body surf, Steve. I enjoy the September cool spells after Labor Day.

Fishing, swimming, walking on the beach, lake pond without crowds. By far best warm season time for a native New Englander. Just because some random date is assigned (Labor day) means liitle to to those beset with heavy tourist influx. get out and enjoy . Cool season will be here soon enough.

Fishing, swimming, walking on the beach, lake pond without crowds. By far best warm season time for a native New Englander. Just because some random date is assigned (Labor day) means liitle to to those beset with heavy tourist influx. get out and enjoy . Cool season will be here soon enough.

I'll be at the lake next weekend but otherwise, no thanks to 90.

It's still a very warm stretch. Meanwhile PAC NW and western Canada mtns may get snow. Deep trough in PAC NW mean deep ridging here. Seems like it may be a warm month here overall.

they need the moisture out there. Seems like clockwork the US open Tennis week is hot. Our Jimmy fund tournament in GON the weekend after Labor day has been historically hot although a couple of years ago it was 50's 60's  all weekend

Well not all of us can body surf, Steve. I enjoy the September cool spells after Labor Day.

I'm torn...I do like the warmth in September for at least the first half. The bite of the heat isn't as much as in July...the shadows are growing long on the east slope by 4:30pm now, and the longer nights seem to help with taking the sting out of the heat. It's just more pleasant to work in too at 875mb-950mb level when it's in the 60s and 70s. Got plenty of time to freeze coming up in the next 6 months.

By say September 21st though, I'm all for a switch to cold haha. That's when snow at the summits can become more possible in that last week of September through October.

I'm torn...I do like the warmth in September for at least the first half. The bite of the heat isn't as much as in July...the shadows are growing long on the east slope by 4:30pm now, and the longer nights seem to help with taking the sting out of the heat. It's just more pleasant to work in too at 875mb-950mb level when it's in the 60s and 70s. Got plenty of time to freeze coming up in the next 6 months.

By say September 21st though, I'm all for a switch to cold haha. That's when snow at the summits can become more possible in that last week of September through October.

It's not even the cold, these temps in the U70s and nights in the 50s are incredible. I love that weather.

I love this pattern setup!  Could lead to some severe chances at some point down the road.  It's actually a solid look for not only NW flow setup but EML advection from the NW as well.  Also, closed off low there in the Canadian maratimes could be interesting if the ridging all of a sudden breaks down.  We could go from summer like weather to fall like weather in the blink of an eye

test8.gif

Archived