joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is zero doubt in my mind if this were 12 weeks later a lot of north Trend posts would be appearing for the near miss coastal for Tuesday, lol

Haha, a certain poster who in the winter will find any reason for something to trend north/south/east/west so it hits, is currently on team "drought" so he/we has to play the miss card.

With that HP there..it ain't coming north unless you count a few sprinkles out of a mid level deck as rain

Winter translation:

Even with that HP there..this should be good for a solid 2-4/3-6 for south of the pike. Just dont' expect a big storm, just plan on plowable south of the pike.

Yeah looks like any chance will be right at the end of the month. 

I know you mentioned this the other day, but a sign of the times is how late it takes for fog to burn off these days.  Its 9:30am and its just starting to break up a bit...but town is still in fog, wrapping down towards Montpelier and then following the drainage down to the CT River Valley. 

Photo from the Picnic Tables (should trademark that), looking ESE at the fog.

attachicon.giftables.jpg

Visible satellite showing what we are looking at, ESE of the marker.

attachicon.gifFog.jpg

Pretty much the same time you posted this I was driving  up 91 and 89 this morning in VT  heading up to BTV/Williston for work.  91 was just pea soup the whole way and continued for a while on 89 as well until you got a little elevation south of MPV.

Fall Foliage related....just nothing going on the whole ride up.

Pretty much the same time you posted this I was driving  up 91 and 89 this morning in VT  heading up to BTV/Williston for work.  91 was just pea soup the whole way and continued for a while on 89 as well until you got a little elevation south of MPV.

Fall Foliage related....just nothing going on the whole ride up.

Yup, nothing close to what a New Englander would call "Fall Foliage."  We are foliage snobs, but there's just nothing happening.

Total pants-tent type weather lately.  Today was 76/41 at MVL, and 72/48 at 1500ft.  Crisp morning at home, nice to see some more 30s in the forecast:

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67. Light north wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Thursday Night
Increasing clouds, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind.

In my movies I have a blizzard coming to Northeastern US, where the Gulf Stream just southeast of ACK the water temperatures are in the 90s during the month of January and with surface temps in the 10s and 20s that storm will get a ton of moisture transport as the surface warmth overrides the surface cold air.

:weenie:

In my movies I have a blizzard coming to Northeastern US, where the Gulf Stream just southeast of ACK the water temperatures are in the 90s during the month of January and with surface temps in the 10s and 20s that storm will get a ton of moisture transport as the surface warmth overrides the surface cold air.

Not to be a wet blanket but I don't think you can have teens and 20s with sst nearby in the 90s...lol.

Not to be rude, but I cringe every time I read one of your posts.

Total pants-tent type weather lately.  Today was 76/41 at MVL, and 72/48 at 1500ft.  Crisp morning at home, nice to see some more 30s in the forecast:

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67. Light north wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Thursday Night
Increasing clouds, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind.

Very jealous.  Especially as I sit here at 51.1 at 4:00a.m.

Yeah...this is beautiful. I'll gladly take this. I wouldn't mind near normal either, but who can complain about 70s/40s?

I mean the businessman have hired hundreds of Photogs all across New England from the peaks of MWN to the beaches of WST, thousands of travel magazine pictures from sunrise to sunset to panoramic shots of nightlit cities. We COC

Archived