SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craziest north south cutoff ever. 18" on the north shore 5" in long beach. I was at 8" I believe. 10" at my gf's 2 miles north. So it was about an inch a mile gradient down here tapering to about 1/4" north of the LIE

Between the main event in the morning and the ULL later, I had maybe 7.5". The initial part was one of the most gutwrenching changeovers ever. It literally was snowing 3-4" per hour easy, and within a minute or two it changed to downpouring rain. 

GFS unloads the cold on us the 1st week of December. It also shows a coastal storm near the famous date ( 12/5 ). Really cold air comes down into the US during the first week.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the soon-to-be typhoon in the Western Pacific.

The next couple weeks still look relatively above normal with a couple of seasonal cool shots. There's nothing that screams snow at all besides some LR model nonsense. 

Coldest airmass of the season likely later this weekend with probably the most negative departures of the month so far, which given this November isn't that difficult to do. 

So much for a cold Turkey week; early week cooler weather quickly turns above normal by midweek and extends into the weekend. 

The next couple weeks still look relatively above normal with a couple of seasonal cool shots. There's nothing that screams snow at all besides some LR model nonsense. 

Coldest airmass of the season likely later this weekend with probably the most negative departures of the month so far, which given this November isn't that difficult to do. 

So much for a cold Turkey week; early week cooler weather quickly turns above normal by midweek and extends into the weekend. 

It's going to get cold after Turkey week. It looks like it will be transient though. Maybe we can sneak out a snow event in the 1st week of December.

Come on NAO lol. This picture reminds me of the past 2 winters.

1j7src.png

8pm (western areas) Jan 26th to about 4-5am (eastern areas) Jan 27th.

I had 2"-4" and hour with constant thunder in N. Queens from 9pm to 11pm and then again from midnight to 3am.

Most on these weather forums were sound asleep when the best part of the storm was occurring, which is why this storm is very underrated and people were sleeping and missed an epic storm.

At 2am, it was me, sundog and only 3-4 posters awake on this site while NYC and LI got pounded with 3"-6" an hour rates and constant thunder. We even official stations (ISP + LGA) confirm these snowfall rates. Not just a snow weenie's measurement.

I had 2"-4" and hour with constant thunder in N. Queens from 9pm to 11pm and then again from midnight to 3am.

Most on these weather forums were sound asleep when the best part of the storm was occurring, which is why this storm is very underrated and people were sleeping and missed an epic storm.

At 2am, it was me, sundog and only 3-4 posters awake on this site while NYC and LI got pounded with 3"-6" an hour rates and constant thunder.

Yeah that second part was pretty good. I woke up right before it occured

Archived