Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dying right now...

Also ... he has updated his "ahem" winter forecast about 12 hrs ago

It got 1 reply no shares

when I issued my prelim outlook in Mid OCT, it reached 25,000 ... had 100 likes ... 43 comments ...

and 12 shares in 8 hrs

Yet wxboy claims to have 100,000 more LIKES than I do....

Seriously love this thread.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47233-the-end-of-the-fraud-weather-boy-weather/#entry3753369

Looking forward to a wet/mild winter, very Pac NW like.

A warm winter is a nice break from the past couple winters and that frigid February (no thank you).

I wouldn't mind it being relatively snow free either as long as we get some juicy nor'easters this winter (97-98 Nino style).

Who said that it is going to be a mild winter

Since I moved back to the city in 2013 after a 10 year hiatus, I don't really find snow too enjoyable. Last winter was especially horrible with the two month long snowpack. Cold is fine, actually preferred by me, but when you get snow on top of snow in the city things really start getting ugly. No parking, streets get blocked by clueless  truck drivers, garbage goes uncollected, potholes, and mounting piles of dog **** that rival the skyscrapers of midtown. Not sure how anyone in their right mind would want to have another winter like the last few...especially last year. The city snow lovers in this forum are definitely a twisted bunch.

Since I moved back to the city in 2013 after a 10 year hiatus, I don't really find snow too enjoyable. Last winter was especially horrible with the two month long snowpack. Cold is fine, actually preferred by me, but when you get snow on top of snow in the city things really start getting ugly. No parking, streets get blocked by clueless  truck drivers, garbage goes uncollected, potholes, and mounting piles of dog **** that rival the skyscrapers of midtown. Not sure how anyone in their right mind would want to have another winter like the last few...especially last year. The city snow lovers in this forum are definitely a twisted bunch.

No one can question your bravery for authoring such a post in this forum.

Leave and never come back. 

I actually find the thrill of tracking the storms much more exciting than the actual event. And I couldn't give a damn about snow pack retention. I never understood that fetish.

Agreed. I guess I'd prefer to keep my snow because it looks cool, but that's about it. Actual snow events are sweet when they pan out but they disappoint frequently.

If I couldn't track potential threats I wouldn't give a crap about snow. Sometimes I feel like the weenie in me enjoys getting hammered by the Euro more than actually seeing the snow pile up.

I actually find the thrill of tracking the storms much more exciting than the actual event. And I couldn't give a damn about snow pack retention. I never understood that fetish.

Most of the the time that's true. But some events like Boxing Day (the winds!) and Jan 2011 (snow rates) are amazing to experience.

Most of the the time that's true. But some events like Boxing Day (the winds!) and Jan 2011 (snow rates) are amazing to experience.

Obviously major events like 96' and such stand out above the mean. It's not like when I was a kid praying for a snow day from school. I have to go to work no matter what.

Well Accuweather 45 day forecast for NYC has just 2 more BN days this month and then it forgets about BN completely till Dec. 14, when everything goes BN starting that date.

Yeah, same here. It's showing the end of December, like before Christmas or so, as being very cold. Highs only in the 30s with lows in the mid to upper teens. Then again, it's the long range.

Temps. no better than normal for about 9 days starting on the 26th. If correct, probably the most extended BN stretch since about the month of April.

Well Accuweather 45 day forecast for NYC has just 2 more BN days this month and then it forgets about BN completely till Dec. 14, when everything goes BN starting that date.

Well then.

Archived