SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boring where you are, but you guys would be having a field day down here. Places near Waco/Corsicana have 18" or more rain so far, I have just over 4" of rain for the event so far with plenty more to come, and Houston's turn is coming soon. Radar just lit up in the last 6 hours with Patricia making it here. 

I won't end up with some of the crazier totals, but hopefully this does away with the drought for most of us.

Boring where you are, but you guys would be having a field day down here. Places near Waco/Corsicana have 18" or more rain so far, I have just over 4" of rain for the event so far with plenty more to come, and Houston's turn is coming soon. Radar just lit up in the last 6 hours with Patricia making it here. 

I won't end up with some of the crazier totals, but hopefully this does away with the drought for most of us.

I ended up (might not be over yet-models have some more rain overnight) with just over 6" for the event. My neighborhood was one of the low spots for rain totals in Austin-the range here I'd say is 6-11", most areas have about 7". One NW suburb, Jollyville, has 11.2". 4-7am was an absolute deluge with up to an inch per hour for each of those hours. We really lucked out in terms of flooding since we've been so bone dry lately. If the summer had more rain events, there would have been severe flooding in Austin today if not worse. 

I was kind of worried about a bust given how models trended more towards the Gulf Coast with the heavy rain from Patricia and Dallas with the heavy rain from the frontal boundary, but it came together in the end and this almost puts a nail in the drought. With a Strong Nino this winter, there will likely be more headlines about Texas flooding over the next few months, now that everything is soaked again and we're already looking at another soaking courtesy of the Mexico Firehose next weekend. 

The pages are loading as slowly today as if there was a major winter storm.

Seems to have started in the afternoon as the morning was fine. Also noticed

recently that some files were trying to download onto my computer and

I had to delete them when loading this page. Almost looked like maleware

embeded through the banner ads at the top.

The pages are loading as slowly today as if there was a major winter storm.

Seems to have started in the afternoon as the morning was fine. Also noticed

recently that some files were trying to download onto my computer and

I had to delete them when loading this page. Almost looked like maleware

embeded through the banner ads at the top.

I will let the admins know. And I will post this in the help forum.

Posted this in OT.

Anyone have experience with vivint solar or other solar panel leasing companies?

And words of wisdom?

Thanks

I have Sungevity for my solar panels.  Highly recommend...they took care of everything and it was a very smooth process.  I can give you a referral which would get each of us a gift card if you sign up!  Send me a message if you have any specific questions.

Some major positive departures likely first half of November. With a huge SE ridge like that I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another top 5-10 warmest month in the NYC area.

in my opinion like many say ..patience will be key ..if you like snow ..not really expecting any pattern flip until mid December. .just my gut feeling. .

in my opinion like many say ..patience will be key ..if you like snow ..not really expecting any pattern flip until mid December. .just my gut feeling. .

If we don't get blocking in December it will probably be a toaster bath, obviously we can always get lucky. El Niño are usually back ended like last year.....look for a change around mid January

Archived