joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at the M ATL hoping the GFS is right...they can have it.

Fortunately most of the models that show the hook back towards the coast have a landfall well south of our area....between NC and the Delmarva. Obviously a Delmarva landfall has big impacts even up this way but a NC landfall significantly lowers the risk of damage in our area.

Congrats, know the feeling, getting married next August. At least by Sunday the worst should be over.

Thanks guys, usually I'd be highly excited about what's coming, but not with this on Sunday. It could totally screw things up, with half the people at the wedding being my FD family. It's all inside, but it would screw my pictures up. And if it's bad enough, who knows what else.

Whoever said that it was only a matter of time before the El Nino firehose showed up... go ahead and put a feather in your cap.

I wouldn't quite term it the firehose yet, but there's definitely some contribution into the front from the tropical Pacific. More is coming from a tropical disturbance that made landfall over the FL Panhandle. 

Fortunately most of the models that show the hook back towards the coast have a landfall well south of our area....between NC and the Delmarva. Obviously a Delmarva landfall has big impacts even up this way but a NC landfall significantly lowers the risk of damage in our area.

That could change... this is a hugely volatile setup. I'm definitely not on board with a cat 2-3 hitting the coast, but I could see it being hurricane strength especially if it becomes more of a Perfect Storm/Sandy-like hybrid. I could see it being hooked out to sea by a weakness in the ridge and little interaction with the trough, or what you described. It could also go back to a more northward-tracking storm that hits NJ or LI. Just way too early to say. I think the greatest likelihood is that the moderate drought's gone. ;)

Your wink smiley is an obvious effort to quietly & inappropriately insert posts that clearly belong in the climate change forum.

You sense of humor needs a tune up...did you notice the palm trees put in front of the LB House for the HBO

movie shoot? You can't be serious about the climate change remark..And yes that is Michelle Pfeiffer coming

out of what is supposed to be a Florida house..

You sense of humor needs a tune up...did you notice the palm trees put in front of the LB House for the HBO

movie shoot? You can't be serious about the climate change remark..And yes that is Michelle Pfeiffer coming

attachicon.gif12042817_846090542154337_4070720530610489862_n.jpg

she was awful yesterday. Claiming a 80mph cane that caused well documented  destruction was a 47mph tropical storm. 

And I'm getting married Sunday... Can it not rain at all? lol

Congrats and best wishes! I know they say that rain on your wedding day is good luck, but hopefully it isn't anything more than a shower or two! 

Congrats. Sorry man. This has got to suck for you guys.

Whoa, moderator? Have I been gone THAT long? :D

attachicon.gif12042817_846090542154337_4070720530610489862_n.jpg

she was awful yesterday. Claiming a 80mph cane that caused well documented  destruction was a 47mph tropical storm. 

The South Shore always sticks together...or sticks to something.

You disappeared! Welcome back!

i did, was busy doing summer stuff, back to school and enjoying the last few days of summer/begging for fall! :lol:

Good god the sun came out and it was instantly disgusting.

we had sun here for about 15 minutes.. then it vanished.. 

Seems the humidity dropped/wind shift.

we still have humidity but not as warm as it was.. been a while since I went out, have to check again in a little while

Archived