SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2015 Discussion

Geos

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indianapolis is on the verge of doing something pretty unusual.  A 90 degree high today would be the 5th in the first 6 days of this month.  The last time that happened was September 1983.

Tomorrow has a shot at 90 or greater.  If that occurs, it would be 6 days out of the first 7.  That has only happened once - September 1922.

Today will be the 5th 90 degree day of September. This will tie with the most 90s of any month this year, which was July.

90 degree days at MLI

June/July/August/September 2/5/1/5 for a total of 13 for the year. Looks like 94 degrees will stand as the hottest temp of the year.

Looking forward to the cooler air later this week.

94 at MLI...

Still 89*F at 5pm and the daily climate report as of 4:37pm only shows a high of 89*F.

DET is the same so far (as far as an 89*F high).

I am not in today so I can't give an update but the 1-group will be out on the next ob and that will be the highest of the day as it is a 6 hour reading.

I'm glad the hot & humid stretch of weather is over.  I'm tired of having to take another shower anytime I have to do any kind of modest chore outside.  I hope the widespread 2-3 inches of rain the models and the WPC are spitting out pans out.  The hard ground could certainly use it.

Good luck on getting some much-needed rain.  We still have two more days of hot and humid over this way before relief.

I found this pretty telling and illustrates perfectly how cool and comfortable summers are this far north, and how rare this late heat and humidity is up here.

MQT:

The dew point at NWS Marquette hit 74F (73.7F) late this afternoon, making today only the 8th day in the last decade to have a dew point this high. Even more, today is the only occurrence of this feat outside of the month of July.

I found this pretty telling and illustrates perfectly how cool and comfortable summers are this far north, and how rare this late heat and humidity is up here.

MQT:

The dew point at NWS Marquette hit 74F (73.7F) late this afternoon, making today only the 8th day in the last decade to have a dew point this high. Even more, today is the only occurrence of this feat outside of the month of July.

attachicon.gif10929030_1124776517552238_904610235421965652_n.png

Marquette is far from the sweating crops! I could easily deal with not having to see dewpoints that high very often. lol

Anvil tops quite visible.

wisgif32.jpg

hopefully not

Just looking at records for Chicago, the last 80 quite often comes in October and very rarely has happened prior to September 15, so just based on that, more warm weather should be expected. Although matching the magnitude/duration of the current spell would probably be tough.

Archived