SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Erika

mappy

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a ridge to the north, I don't see an I-95 express. Models right now are virtually unamious on a sharp recurve eventually, but boy would that make this storm a lot more interesting and chasing a lot easier :P

can't post it, but euro has Erika getting trapped under that ridge in 10days and just hanging out along the coast of FL/GA/SC as a Cat1

I saw. My general thought is that for an EC strike, a storm needs to hit on first approach. How many storms fake right only to make a sharp turn left. Outside of Sandy, I can't recall any.

A storm meandering off the EC without purpose is a storm waiting to get kicked out to sea IMO.

Kyle in 2002 (I believe) was crazy. That thing did like 100 loops in the Atlantic before hitting South Carolina.

I saw. My general thought is that for an EC strike, a storm needs to hit on first approach. How many storms fake right only to make a sharp turn left. Outside of Sandy, I can't recall any.

A storm meandering off the EC without purpose is a storm waiting to get kicked out to sea IMO.

hehe, 1938? 

Only a couple (like 7 or so) EPS members make a storm out of this. 1 member does bring a 975mb onto Myrtle Beach. No big deal right now. Also I don't buy a solution like the OP Euro has, according to Wx Bell one location off the Souteast coast see's like 45-50 inches of rain.

Oh, I see what the issue it.  Even the superior Euro can't handle the wind/pressure relationship of a TC, so I'd ignore the 77 kts.  At ~940mb, that thing would be much better than a Cat 1.

fair enough. regardless, trying not to hype this thing 10 days out. you know what i mean?

I think Jeanne did it too, 2005?

Archived