• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2015 Perseid Meteor Shower peaks Wednesday night

David-LI

Will it be well-seen from Aruba? What time, if so?

The farther south you are, the lower in the sky Perseus will be. Perseus doesn't rise at Aruba until just before midnight, so you'll want to go out in the hours before dawn. You can still see some meteors even when the radiant is below the horizon (which is favorable for long-lived earthgrazers), but numbers are then greatly dminished.

Unfortunately many places look to be humid and possibly foggy.youll certainly see it with your eyes but those who want to photograph it may have trouble. I've done astrophotography with humidity as high as 75% and that's pushing it. I hope it works out for everyone!

You sure? Maybe we get lucky and that front will be through, havent looked that much but a quick glance at gfs and nam have lowering humidity and dewpoints by early am.

You sure? Maybe we get lucky and that front will be through, havent looked that much but a quick glance at gfs and nam have lowering humidity and dewpoints by early am.

I hope so. When the dew point and the temp are within 5-7 degrees with each other it is not ideal but I've definitely seen it clear up at the last minute.

I hope so. When the dew point and the temp are within 5-7 degrees with each other it is not ideal but I've definitely seen it clear up at the last minute.

The gfs looked faster earlier. Lets hope its right. Think i might head up to the catskills somewhere.

Archived