Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe threat/ Heavy rain SE SNE 08/11 disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a great elevation too. There is an absolute dearth of observations around that height around these parts. Like we're better sampled above  5,000 feet than in that zone.

Wish that guy (or gal) would do the same in Maine.  Unless one can access whatever obs are taken at Sugarloaf summit, there's essentially nothing from higher than about 1,800'.

GFS came back with 1"+ qpf this morning, unlike my pessimistic post yeaterday, with nearly 2" jack for RUM.

Wish that guy (or gal) would do the same in Maine.  Unless one can access whatever obs are taken at Sugarloaf summit, there's essentially nothing from higher than about 1,800'.

GFS came back with 1"+ qpf this morning, unlike my pessimistic post yeaterday, with nearly 2" jack for RUM.

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/baldmountain/

Pretty sure this is at the summit, so around that 3,500 foot mark.

Lol @ the WRF BTV. Pretty much targets BOS-PVD with heavy rain for hours and hours and spins up a nice meso low into the gulf of maine as it lifts and passes near Boston. It starts to crank the stuff south of RI in the next few hours and the rain on that model trains on the area forementioned.

Yup..congrats E ma SE on the jack

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/baldmountain/

Pretty sure this is at the summit, so around that 3,500 foot mark.

Glad to see there's at least one; wonder if it functions throughout the year.  I've saved the link so I can check later.  DeLorme marks the summit as being 3,640', and there are old roads that appear to climb to above 3,400' - it's kind of a big broad mountain rather than a sharp peak.

Such a great elevation too. There is an absolute dearth of observations around that height around these parts. Like we're better sampled above  5,000 feet than in that zone.

It seems to be a fairly reliable station so far, but we'll see what happens when winter comes to that elevation. 

Its interesting because MMNV1 at 3,950ft is only showing sustained winds of 10-15mph with gusts 20-30mph.  However, just north of that at the new station on the north side of Smugglers Notch, its showing sustained winds of 30mph gusting to 44mph.  The MMNV1 wind seems low for what VAD is showing as well as the low level jet modeled to move through around this time into early afternoon. 

Glad to see there's at least one; wonder if it functions throughout the year.  I've saved the link so I can check later.  DeLorme marks the summit as being 3,640', and there are old roads that appear to climb to above 3,400' - it's kind of a big broad mountain rather than a sharp peak.

If I'm remembering correctly, the anemometer froze up last winter.

There was speculation the new station over this way may be part of IBM's Deep Thunder project?  No one can figure out who put it online though for sure, haha. 

Archived