joxey
Severe threat/ Heavy rain SE SNE 08/11 disco

Damage In Tolland

THIS COMBINATION

OF STRONG DYNAMIC LIFT/INSTABILITY/HIGH MOISTURE SHOULD SUPPORT

SHOWERS AND TSTMS. LOCALLY HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND STRONG WIND GUSTS

/TRANSLATED DOWN FROM THE SOUTHERLY JET/ WILL BE A CONCERN THIS

AFTERNOON AND EARLY TONIGHT. LOW LEVEL HELICITY VALUES OF 150+ ON

ALL THE MODELS SUGGEST SOME TORNADO POTENTIAL AS WELL.

Looks much more poor than yesterday. Disappointed to see the models now when I woke up. euro moved the qpf max to maine lol.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like hourly rains are generally 0.05-0.25", though embedded heavier stuff up to 0.4"/hr like what just moved through the POU area. 

Going back to NY state, the rainfall with this band has been generally 0.25-0.75", with local 1" amounts. 

Seems pretty much on track.

Synoptic appeal

Its actually raining quite hard.  Now this is a good soaking rain.

Winds increasing in the higher elevation.  That new rapid update station on Sterling/Whiteface Mountain at 3,660ft immediately north of Mansfield on the Spine is up to sustained near 30mph and gusting to 40mph...and its been ramping up quickly. 

Who ever stuck a Davis Vantage Pro at 3,600ft on a peak with no roads is my hero.  Already a quick 0.42" up at the summit level with 0.20" in the valley.  The big difference in that station and the Mansfield one is that you get real-time rainfall updates.  On Mansfield you have to wait for the Co-Op report for the rain totals.  But now just a few miles away there's a rapid update station at about the same elevation.

Its actually raining quite hard.  Now this is a good soaking rain.

Winds increasing in the higher elevation.  That new rapid update station on Sterling/Whiteface Mountain at 3,660ft immediately north of Mansfield on the Spine is up to sustained near 30mph and gusting to 40mph...and its been ramping up quickly. 

Who ever stuck a Davis Vantage Pro at 3,600ft on a peak with no roads is my hero.  Already a quick 0.42" up at the summit level with 0.20" in the valley. 

Such a great elevation too. There is an absolute dearth of observations around that height around these parts. Like we're better sampled above  5,000 feet than in that zone.

It's there. I guess what I mean is that this to me, never looked like something with a lot of thunder..esp morning. The aftn could feature some with heating. 

Yeah, miscommunication. I was talking specifically regarding a more impressive line of training storms in the afternoon. It looked better yesterday in that regard. Today it looks more meh. Still wouldn't surprise me if we see a storm or two go severe. Watch for cloud breaks in the aftn.

Archived