Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some sort of boundary/wind shift from north-central Massachusetts into southern New Hampshire. Best low-level backing noted from far northern Middlesex County into southeastern New Hampshire. The two cells are also splitting a bit on either side of that boundary. Maybe the best marginal tor threat is further north, but radar obs and moderate instability to the south may continue to support large hail into eastern Massachusetts.

Wachusett looks like there is hail and very gusty winds there currently per webcam

I'm wondering if it hailed at the base... big raindrops look deceptively like hail on a crappy webcam image

I think it was in this case, but without seeing the ground whitened it's hard to be sure.

edit to say orh's cap looks pretty authoritative :)

I'm wondering if it hailed at the base... big raindrops look deceptively like hail on a crappy webcam image

I think it was in this case, but without seeing the ground whitened it's hard to be sure.

edit to say orh's cap looks pretty authoritative :)

Well, it went from gusty and windy to all of a sudden almost looked like aggregates shooting down. It looked like it changed seasons!

Ugh. Really hoping these weak cells, on my doorstep, firing out ahead of the main show, supercells near Manchester don't spoil yet another great opportunity..

Messy storm mode in the area is mitigating the threat, perhaps. Otherwise the cell moving toward MHT would have had much better potential if the inflow region wasn't contaminated.

Messy storm mode in the area is mitigating the threat, perhaps. Otherwise the cell moving toward MHT would have had much better potential if the inflow region wasn't contaminated.

Yea. I'm really hoping we can clear out quick and destabilize again before it rolls in, but admittedly some Potential Energy has irrecoverably been lost...

Archived