Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALY just issued for a few severe cells in ENY:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY

* UNTIL 1245 PM EDT

* AT 1220 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED OVER RAVENA...OR

7 MILES SOUTHWEST OF EAST GREENBUSH...MOVING EAST AT 50 MPH.

HAZARD...60 MPH WIND GUSTS AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE

TO ROOFS...SIDING AND TREES.

Yeah that blew up right over my head but quickly moved SE. Lots of thunder but little rain here. Great TCU clouds though as it bubbled up.

This. For Stowe we use the Sprinklr platform...I can make one post and hit every possible social media outlet with one click. I'd assume NWS could figure that type of dashboard style posting and even link in their own systems.

I mean our products dump into NWSChat as soon as we send them, so people can get the info there. But for us to actually chat with media and answer questions, there is no way to automate that. Likewise, there are bots that auto tweet/post our warnings to social media.

It's more the added content I was talking about.

I mean our products dump into NWSChat as soon as we send them, so people can get the info there. But for us to actually chat with media and answer questions, there is no way to automate that. Likewise, there are bots that auto tweet/post our warnings to social media.

It's more the added content I was talking about.

Gotcha...I'm not familiar with NWSChat. I'm also not sure how your personnel works when SVR events are happening...but I'd assume you have one or two working radar and then another person solely disseminating that info out through all the various channels? Or is it a one person show for all of it?

Gotcha...I'm not familiar with NWSChat. I'm also not sure how your personnel works when SVR events are happening...but I'd assume you have one or two working radar and then another person solely disseminating that info out through all the various channels? Or is it a one person show for all of it?

For instance it's Ekster and I on radar today, and as soon as we draw up a polygon and send it the dissemination is automatic. We don't need people to push it out the door anymore. What happens from that point on is usually determined by provider, etc.

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 145 PM EDT
FOR NORTHWESTERN WORCESTER AND EAST CENTRAL FRANKLIN COUNTIES...

AT 102 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE
OF PRODUCING LARGE HAIL UP TO PING PONG BALL SIZE AND DAMAGING WINDS
IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED OVER SHUTESBURY...OR 9
MILES NORTHEAST OF AMHERST...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.

Archived