Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR has backed off a good bit from earlier and most of the storms in the upstate are weakening.  There are some storms east of Asheville that look like they are moving south and could enter Spartanburg if they hold together.  Although, it's kinda hard tell the true directionality of everything because it seems to be moving in different directions.  I saw some heat lightning from the storms in the mountains.

HRRR has backed off a good bit from earlier and most of the storms in the upstate are weakening. There are some storms east of Asheville that look like they are moving south and could enter Spartanburg if they hold together. Although, it's kinda hard tell the true directionality of everything because it seems to be moving in different directions. I saw some heat lightning from the storms in the mountains.

I bet we get no rain tomorrow and then 2 weeks of dry, but that's how we roll in the upstate! I bet 50:1 that this winter CAE will get a monster 4+ inch snow, while we just have clouds, just another kick in the baguettes! :(

By the way, that avatar is hideous!

#TARHEELS4LIFE

I bet we get no rain tomorrow and then 2 weeks of dry, but that's how we roll in the upstate! I bet 50:1 that this winter CAE will get a monster 4+ inch snow, while we just have clouds, just another kick in the baguettes! :(

By the way, that avatar is hideous!

#TARHEELS4LIFE

Yeah GFS is looking pretty dry.  At least I've gotten lucky with a couple storms and have almost made it to our monthly average for precip.  I'm sure this winter will be full of pain and dissapointment just like the last 2.  I'll never believe a 8"+ snowfall spit out by the models ever again.  I remember the HRRR and RUC were putting out 18"+ leading up to the storm last year lol.  Divide by 10 rule!

I'll be pulling for the Tar Heels in 1.5 weeks!  The only time I pull for em! lol

If you guys go over to http://water.weather.gov/precip/and take a look at NC you can really see how dry its been in east central NC.  Wake, Johnston, Wayne, Wilson, Nash and Franklin counties are all bone dry.  Some areas have seen less than 10% of their avarage rain in the last 30 days.

Most of NC has been dry the last 30 days with the lack of gulf moisture, but this pocket is more extreme.  I wonder if there is any particular reason for this or if it is just random variation in nature.

If you guys go over to http://water.weather.gov/precip/and take a look at NC you can really see how dry its been in east central NC.  Wake, Johnston, Wayne, Wilson, Nash and Franklin counties are all bone dry.  Some areas have seen less than 10% of their avarage rain in the last 30 days.

Most of NC has been dry the last 30 days with the lack of gulf moisture, but this pocket is more extreme.  I wonder if there is any particular reason for this or if it is just random variation in nature.

It just bad luck, you had storms all around you but this time of year they are pulsey and don't move as much.....but even here its been drier I was averaging 4-5" a month every month so far this year but this month I am at half that.

It just bad luck, you had storms all around you but this time of year they are pulsey and don't move as much.....but even here its been drier I was averaging 4-5" a month every month so far this year but this month I am at half that.

All summer long most of the storms coming from the west split when they get to Wake  and go the the north and south. That's when there have even been any storms in the area. 

Had some very heavy rain driving on I-40 from south Raleigh to the US1-64/I-40 interchange. Just a T imby. What a difference a few miles can make. Seems to be another cell to the west of me wonder if it will reach me or not.

Archived