SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had 3 or 4 good showers here this afternoon.  They only last 10 or 15 minutes each, but they're quite heavy.  One is rolling over us now but I don't see anything else on radar NW so this is probably it for the day.  Dunno how much of a dent it will make in deficit but my yard seems happy.

My son pointed out yesterday that the hardwoods here are already starting to turn.  Maybe about 3-4% of each tree's leaves. Seems early to me, by a few weeks.

The flow has went back to almost due west and would not be surprised to see northwest flow and downsloping the rest of the week. It will take a tropical system for sure to get a widespread rainfall from GSP to Charlotte, Columbia and Hickory.

The flow hasn't gone back west......here is a current radar loop for the SE, do you even look at obs and loops and other sources of data before making your post?

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southeast_loop.php

The oaks have been dropping leaves sporadically for about a month now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that blob in NE GA will begin falling apart as it approaches mby.  0.19" total.

BwauRMg.gif

Same people getting the rain. So freaking frustrating. terrible timing on the last several systems.

Same people getting the rain. So freaking frustrating. terrible timing on the last several systems.

I was fortunate to pick up over an inch friday night.  Otherwise, I would be in full meltdown mode right now. :axe:   NE GA and the western Upstate has done well this summer in the few wet patterns we have had.  East of Greenville the opposite is true.  Doesn't seem to matter which direction the flow is, it just won't rain that much in these wet patterns.

Most of the stuff in that loop is moving almost due east. The south to southwest flow from yesterday is gone.

You know how to read model data right.......this is the 850 flow over the SE on the latest GFS run its south of west over the upstate till Friday.....

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=seus&pkg=z850_vort&runtime=2015081818&fh=54&xpos=0&ypos=187

You know how to read model data right.......this is the 850 flow over the SE on the latest GFS run its south of west over the upstate till Friday.....

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=seus&pkg=z850_vort&runtime=2015081818&fh=54&xpos=0&ypos=187

That's south of due west but not by much. We need that flow back from yesterday which was south to southwest. 

Rain in the western upstate about to go poof again as it progresses eastward.  I'm pretty jealous of those east of CLT right now.  Seems like NE GA gets hit, falls apart for the upstate, then east of CLT it reintensifies.  Same thing all summer no matter what the flow.  I haven't even been able to get under any orange echos at all.  Just mostly greens and a couple times light yellows.  Pitiful.

Rain in the western upstate about to go poof again as it progresses eastward.  I'm pretty jealous of those east of CLT right now.  Seems like NE GA gets hit, falls apart for the upstate, then east of CLT it reintensifies.  Same thing all summer no matter what the flow.  I haven't even been able to get under any orange echos at all.  Just mostly greens and a couple times light yellows.  Pitiful.

I can sympathize, Small gap between 2 storms went right over IMBY. Only got a brief sprinkle. :axe:  :arrowhead:  :angry:

You're actually doing better with this one than me. I am so done with this garbage summer.

I was fortunate to pick up over an inch friday night.  Otherwise, I would be in full meltdown mode right now. :axe:   NE GA and the western Upstate has done well this summer in the few wet patterns we have had.  East of Greenville the opposite is true.  Doesn't seem to matter which direction the flow is, it just won't rain that much in these wet patterns.

Wait.  You're not?  I thought that was modus operandi for you at all times.  :P

Sorry, I don't speak latin.  ;)

Hurricane Danny is going to swoop in and save the day err month err summer.  Actually I'm going to call it Hurricane Danny Ford!  Guaranteed to give the upstate rain!

All of you guys have gotten more than me. Might have gotten a few hundreths of an inch from early this morning. This SW flow isnt doing squat for me. Only good thing is the temp isnt pushing close to 100.

Archived