Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I picked up another 0.05" after the main rain last night.  I just did a tally and I've got around 1.25" for the month, give or take a tenth of an inch.  That  overnight 0.62" from early in the month really helped, but I have honestly have no idea how that amount of rain came about!

8/4:   0.04

8/6:   0.10

8/9:   0.96

8/10: 0.02

8/18: 0.05

8/20: 0.01

Monthly total:   1.18"

Seasonal total: 7.32

That looks like it'll be it for met summer.  7.32 for an entire season.  smh......

Nice morning though.  59F for the low.

you can't say you are doing better than me anymore -- I picked up 1.20" yesterday. 1.79" for the month. 

you can't say you are doing better than me anymore -- I picked up 1.20" yesterday. 1.79" for the month. 

Yeah, it looks like I'm back in my usual position of bringing up the rear (well, except for Smokeybandit).

I don't recall ever seeing so many sunny days on the extended forecast.  My 45-day Accuwx (fwiw) has a total of 5 days w/ a chance for rain, and each of those is qualified with a "chance of a little rain...."

First half of the summer:  12.67"

Second half:  1.58" (since July 9th)

August only:  0.49"

that sucks, dry for sure.

same time period as you IMBY:

first half: 11"

since july 9th: 3.53"

August only: 1.79"

^^^ It basically hasn't rained IYB for 1/2 the summer and you still doubled my seasonal total.

God, what a hole.  3 year countdown to leaving this **** pile began this week.

With the 0.06 I reported this am, just over 2 inches for month now here, but 1.11 of that fell on 11th.

So where are you headed to EC??

With the 0.06 I reported this am, just over 2 inches for month now here, but 1.11 of that fell on 11th.

So where are you headed to EC??

Don't know yet.  I'm trying to convince the wife to go to western MD or WV, but she's not buying it (at least not yet).  She wants to keep the kids closer to her parents (who just moved into our neighborhood in May), unless we can move to SW VA.  However, no way I'm moving south.  Maybe a move to NW Frederick Co (VA), or back to Warren Co. in a high elevation spot.  I've got a year before we really need to start developing a plan.  The good news is I don't have to travel far to vastly improve my climate.

eta:

Highland County looks like a place I'd like too, though I'm not sure what the employment landscape looks like.

Yeah, it looks like I'm back in my usual position of bringing up the rear (well, except for Smokeybandit).

I don't recall ever seeing so many sunny days on the extended forecast.  My 45-day Accuwx (fwiw) has a total of 5 days w/ a chance for rain, and each of those is qualified with a "chance of a little rain...."

Those 45 day forecasts are money.

Highland County only has a population of 3,000 people with very few employment opportunities outside agriculture, logging, and family run businesses. However you can commute to Stanton/Covington. I lived just west of highland county for a few years 2012-2013 in Pocahontas county, WV. Honestly, Monterey is snowy, but not snowy enough to move solely based on the winter weather. The area around Locust Grove and the very northwest corner of Highland get absolutely slammed with over 150" of snow per year being the norm. This area is very rural and the terrain is rough, but I know that some people live out there. If you're moving for snow head there!

Those 45 day forecasts are money.

I don't put stock in any forecast past 5 days (unless it shows heat, because those are right on 99%); however, I don't think I've ever seen so many sunny days forecasted, at least.

Highland County only has a population of 3,000 people with very few employment opportunities outside agriculture, logging, and family run businesses. However you can commute to Stanton/Covington. I lived just west of highland county for a few years 2012-2013 in Pocahontas county, WV. Honestly, Monterey is snowy, but not snowy enough to move solely based on the winter weather. The area around Locust Grove and the very northwest corner of Highland get absolutely slammed with over 150" of snow per year being the norm. This area is very rural and the terrain is rough, but I know that some people live out there. If you're moving for snow head there!

Thanks for that info.  Highland Co. is probably just wishful thinking on my part, but that is valuable info to know!

I'll take a huge chance and say its wrong.

could be.. it was largely dry at this time last week and it rained the last two days. it does have support among ensembles though. i doubt we'll see much rain ahead. 

Archived