SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested to see how those SHT75/SHT15 sensors fair vs the SHT11s too wrt RH. I attempted the soldering this weekend, but I really need a new tip to do that fine soldering. What I really need is someone who is actually good at soldering boards/small wires/pins.

What's that station PF? Sometimes the dews get a little jumpy with light winds in the summer so it could've just been a brief spike.

KVTSTOWE10

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVTSTOWE10

Its the one I use that's closest to my location in town...but still around 1-2 miles away.   Now its actually up to 83/70.  My home cheapo thermometer is showing 84F right now but I don't have a dew point. 

Looking at the MVL data though, the ASOS had a dew point drop of 8F in the past hour.  It may have just briefly mixed out well or something.  I'll have to see if it stays there at the 3pm obs.

Seems like a lot of people are cutting flour/wheat out of their diet on this forum....

My girlfriend has celiac disease, so there's very little wheat in my house except for when I grill on occasion....hard to eat a burger or dog without a real bun....and of course I couldn't give up beers :)

it's been a bit tough, we have separate silverware and plates now, and I can't leave crumbs all over the counter, but you get used to it.  You have to be careful though....a lot of the gluten-free pastas and such are just corn based...which can't be much better for you than wheat based pasta.

Tinkyada makes an OK white rice pasta.

I wanted to get one of these to make zucchini noodles (zoodles).

http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1438108725&sr=1-1&keywords=spiralizer

KVTSTOWE10

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVTSTOWE10

Its the one I use that's closest to my location in town...but still around 1-2 miles away.   Now its actually up to 83/70.  My home cheapo thermometer is showing 84F right now but I don't have a dew point. 

Looking at the MVL data though, the ASOS had a dew point drop of 8F in the past hour.  It may have just briefly mixed out well or something.  I'll have to see if it stays there at the 3pm obs.

MADIS for it.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/AU845

Afternoon dew issues and pressure issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1438108725&sr=1-1&keywords=spiralizer

hmm that looks like a neat little tool.  Zucchini noodles....probably tastes like spaghetti squash if I had to guess. 

No wheat aversion here, but we've been making the zucchini and summer squash noodles twice a week just because it's nearly impossible to eat that much squash any other way. 

Hot cast iron pan, toss it in with some oil and salt... don't overcook.  We've served with homemade marinara one day, artichoke pesto other days and it works really well. 

MADIS for it.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/AU845

Afternoon dew issues and pressure issues.

Awesome.  I didn't know these PWS had those MADIS analysis.  But it still gives it two thumbs up on the dews...but I see it averages a daytime error of being 1.1F too high.  

But guess what?  After all this, the dew point just plummeted to 62F in a matter of minutes.  :lol:

The ASOS must've just mixed out a bit sooner as MVL had an 8F drop last hour. 

My mom has one of those things.  Zucchini makes me wretch and gag but in noodle form it's totally awesome and delicious.

Starting to mix out nicely in some areas... Adirondacks enjoying dews in the 50s while the poor folks in the St Lawrence River Valley swelter.

In VT, the lowest dews are the ASOS stations.  BTV with 64F but MVL with 59F and MPV with 61F.   Most private stations are 66-72F but should be mixing out soon.

Look down near LEB... the ASOS there is at 64F while surrounding stations are 70F.  Interesting to monitor the differences even between podunk ASOS and PWS. 

It really looks like ASOS just have superior equipment as these dew point differences aren't at major hubs like BDL...but airports that are essentially a field with a flag in it.  

Looks like the Lakes Region in NH has also mixed out nicely with dews in the upper 50s.

Starting to mix out nicely in some areas... Adirondacks enjoying dews in the 50s while the poor folks in the St Lawrence River Valley swelter.

In VT, the lowest dews are the ASOS stations.  BTV with 64F but MVL with 59F and MPV with 61F.   Most private stations are 66-72F but should be mixing out soon.

Look down near LEB... the ASOS there is at 64F while surrounding stations are 70F.  Interesting to monitor the differences even between podunk ASOS and PWS. 

It really looks like ASOS just have superior equipment as these dew point differences aren't at major hubs like BDL...but airports that are essentially a field with a flag in it.  

Looks like the Lakes Region in NH has also mixed out nicely with dews in the upper 50s.

attachicon.gifmesoanalysisTd.png

86/70 @ TAN.   :sizzle:

Seems like a lot of people are cutting flour/wheat out of their diet on this forum....

My girlfriend has celiac disease, so there's very little wheat in my house except for when I grill on occasion....hard to eat a burger or dog without a real bun....and of course I couldn't give up beers :)

it's been a bit tough, we have separate silverware and plates now, and I can't leave crumbs all over the counter, but you get used to it.  You have to be careful though....a lot of the gluten-free pastas and such are just corn based...which can't be much better for you than wheat based pasta.

last weekend there was a gluten free foods expo in worcester...i have a cousin with celiacs, we always get gluten free stuff for family functions like weddings and funerals...she's in a world of hurt if she even eats the slightest bit of gluten...

I am allergic to so many foods. Dairy, corn, wheat, rice, sesame seeds, tomatoes , oranges, peanuts. Had been having stomach issues for years and it got progressively worse last year. So I got tested... And that's what it was

yea lots of peeps with stomach issues mostly related to all the Shi t they add to food. Tough for beer too. I am pretty sure I developed a peanut butter allergy. Joints swell up painfully after I eat it.

The whole gluten thing is a good marketing scheme. Aside from Celiac Disease....scare tactic.

Not true..I don't have celiac, but I have another health issue and it's amazing how many meds I cut out since I went gluten/dairy free.

I had the same train of thought before I went that way, but I went that route out of necessity really and just seeing if it could help me and it did.

Im not saying going gluten/dairy free is going to cure Cancer/etc...but it can have it benefits.

Not true..I don't have celiac, but I have another health issue and it's amazing how many meds I cut out since I went gluten/dairy free.

I had the same train of thought before I went that way, but I went that route out of necessity really and just seeing if it could help me and it did.

Im not saying going gluten/dairy free is going to cure Cancer/etc...but it can have it benefits.

Good reads for those interested in gluten sensitivities...

http://chriskresser.com/50-shades-of-gluten-intolerance/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/does-gluten-have-any-effect-on-non-celiacs/#axzz3h9Pdhio5

Gluten/wheat is relatively new to the diet of man...some handle it better than others. It wasn't long ago when almost every meal of mine consisted of bread, cereal, or pasta. Now I'm grain free except for a cheat here and there. I had a burger at the farm on Saturday and it was damn good.

Eating a very specific diet is tough for a lot of people for a number of reasons.

It takes incredible discipline, and it all takes a lot of effort and money a lot of times.

I have made some small changes which have definitely helped my GERD.

Ultimately, I'm just trying for balance. It's hard to avoid everything that may not be good for, just keep it in moderation.

I've stopped drinking coffee, which has been my biggest change so far

Eating a very specific diet is tough for a lot of people for a number of reasons.

It takes incredible discipline, and it all takes a lot of effort and money a lot of times.

I have made some small changes which have definitely helped my GERD.

Ultimately, I'm just trying for balance. It's hard to avoid everything that may not be good for, just keep it in moderation.

I've stopped drinking coffee, which has been my biggest change so far

I completely got rid of my GERD too. The big culprits for me were processed foods, refined/seed oils, and sugar/baked goods. I cut the coffee too, but I add it back in occasionally now with no issues whatsoever. I just sweeten it with raw honey and use full fat cream.

Archived