SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today at Jackson Hole, Wyoming.... July 27th and pounding snow.

Every time I see this stuff I start thinking I need to look for a similar job at a western ski resort, haha.

11755906_792075277557130_758764276464233

lol, i have been scouring the job market in and around Big Sky, Jackson Hole, Red River, Angel Fire, and Brian Head...i'd move out there in a heart beat!

Support your good friend..give him a download

Good morning Facebook Friends...great to be back from a week off. A quick heads-up: you can now find my personal app in your Apple and Android app store - nothing fancy, but everything you need to take my forecast with you, including the 10-day, my video forecast, my social media streams and more. If you're interested, just search Matt Noyes or Matt Noyes Weather! Thanks, as always, for your continued support.

Support your good friend..give him a download

Good morning Facebook Friends...great to be back from a week off. A quick heads-up: you can now find my personal app in your Apple and Android app store - nothing fancy, but everything you need to take my forecast with you, including the 10-day, my video forecast, my social media streams and more. If you're interested, just search Matt Noyes or Matt Noyes Weather! Thanks, as always, for your continued support.

Ummmm...no thanks.

Snow straight to the base areas of ski resorts in the northern Rockies.

This is Big Sky, MT this morning.  Snow level got down to 7,000ft.

Its funny on their website is all these glorious summer pictures of people playing in wild-flowers, mountain biking, etc...then the side bar says 33F and the web cams show snow.  Summer vacation cancel.

Just back from a week of crappy weather in Cape Breton Nova Scotia. Cloudy, drizzly, windy, temps in the mid/upper 50s. Highest temp was 62 when the sun came out for a couple hours. Played the new Cabot Cloffs golf course though, which was epic.

Congrats, me too. PEI was not as bad. A little warmer with breaks of sun.

Snow straight to the base areas of ski resorts in the northern Rockies.

This is Big Sky, MT this morning.  Snow level got down to 7,000ft.

Its funny on their website is all these glorious summer pictures of people playing in wild-flowers, mountain biking, etc...then the side bar says 33F and the web cams show snow.  Summer vacation cancel.

attachicon.gifBig_Sky_July_28.jpg

i'm so glad i'm not the only one who stalks ski resorts on FB...my co worker and good friend, his father runs 3 restaurants in Big Sky and lives there...my friend went home for Christmas and brought me back a Big Sky trail map, and some local chocolate...so great!!!

The Cabot smoked bacon cheese is where it's at. Horseradish too.

Amen to that...love the bacon cheese.  I drive 2 1 /2 hours up to the Cabot store just to stock up on their cheese.  Go up every few months, run up to the Trapp Lodge and eat a small block from their parking lot, looking at the scenery.  Call it crazy, but I like getting it there directly instead of through the supermarket.

Amen to that...love the bacon cheese.  I drive 2 1 /2 hours up to the Cabot store just to stock up on their cheese.  Go up every few months, run up to the Trapp Lodge and eat a small block from their parking lot, looking at the scenery.  Call it crazy, but I like getting it there directly instead of through the supermarket.

How is your cholesterol?

How is your cholesterol?

When you come up next weekend make sure to stop at the Cabot Annex store on RT 100 in Waterbury just past Ben and Jerry's....they have samples of like 25 varieties of cheeses there, along with crackers, dip, etc.  A nice free meal can be had there munching on their samples, haha.  The girls will love it. 

We used to stop there on the way home every single day during college after skiing at Stowe.  We were on a first name basis with the workers there, haha.  Best post-skiing snack, a couple laps around the Cabot cheese samples.

When you come up next weekend make sure to stop at the Cabot Annex store on RT 100 in Waterbury just past Ben and Jerry's....they have samples of like 25 varieties of cheeses there, along with crackers, dip, etc.  A nice free meal can be had there munching on their samples, haha.  The girls will love it. 

We used to stop there on the way home every single day during college after skiing at Stowe.  We were on a first name basis with the workers there, haha.  Best post-skiing snack, a couple laps around the Cabot cheese samples.

He won't do that. His diet consists of seaweed salad and tofu. 

How is your cholesterol?

There isn't as much correlation as you think. A better question is what is your total/hdl ratio.

We were all set to pick up our daughter but her flight from Amsterdam to Boston got canceled. They're putting her up in a hotel. Tough travel for someone in their mid teens but she's weathering it well. They were boarded and about to depart when some mechanical issue tubed the flight. Delta scrambling to get people flights....probably tomorrow.

No girls this wedding..Quick turnaround ..wedding at 4:00..leave early Am to come home then up to Winni all next week. 

Archived