Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BDL and the CT River valley "only" in the 90-91F range. Definitely favoring the eastern areas today. It's always a bit weird when BOS and PSM have the lead on the hourly roundup.

ORH hills katabatic flow... 87 there, and I bet that caps ...maybe 88, but we're bringing that down slope perfectly on this trajectory and eastern Middls and Essx co's broil.  

I think the headlines grab the attention of school administration without looking at the specifics. Today is a S flow with low to mid 80's on the shore. Yesterday was 6-8 degrees hotter on the shoreline. Yet they see a other day of record breaking heat and inland schools in the torch spots dismissing and they pull the trigger. Madison CT dismissing is ridiculous.

I have no idea what happened to your station yesterday afternoon, lol.  Maybe like a localized TCU over your property.

You are very much in-line right now with the rest of the East Slope right now.  There are some showers off to your west though that may stop you from hitting your hottest temp.

One thing to note is that it looks like the temps are incredibly uniform from almost all of CT through western and central MA.  That's pretty unusual--even torchariffic BDL is only 91.  It's really gross northeast of there though.  Glad no one live there.

By the way--I just checked and my station is still full sun.  That will start changing over the next few weeks as the sun angle continues to plummet.

yep great play by play with Messenger Eck and I, we saw that the surge had prevented the tide from going out,still that's no comparison to Sandy like surge. Staten Island 13 feet, that would make a 25 foot tide at Boston, then Jay would have issues

Was it 13 at SI? I thought it was a couple lower. 

To show just how warm it has been... MMNV1 hit 74F yesterday and looks like they may do it again today.  

Recent years date of last 74F temperature are as follows:

July 3, 2014

July 20, 2013

August 5, 2012

August 1, 2011

Back-to-back 74F temps this late in the season would be pretty remarkable, as the mean last date for 74F or greater is August 2nd (since 1956).

Yeah, but 83 with pre equinox sun onto and into a brick and steel building that may have poor ventilation and no or inadequate AC is plenty hot enough for a overly aware meme to cry law suits over. 

Man, when I was kid, I'd really did walk to school in -9 F cold with wind.  Now, society is so freaked out about anything they are raising these little woosies that can't break a fingernail.

It is absolutely awful in my building right now...and this is a newer building with some air conditioned areas (computer labs, etc). My wife is in a circa 1920s hulk that never cools off...3rd floor with no real ventilation

alright - f that...

not happenin'.  I changed into a light tee-shirt and stepped out there and it's just not going to happen until much later in the afternoon. I can do a lot of damage with a chain-saw in 2 hours before 5 and 7 instead.  

jesus -

lol, wait until the winds drop to nothing and the humidity comes up and the bugs come out.

Archived