• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Yeah NYC ain't fun. In DC however we trade (mostly) packed trains and absurd platform heat for a worse, more expensive system with stations that smell like they are on fire.

As for 95--LOL avoid at all costs between New Haven and NYC. Just a nightmare, any time of the day.

Anytime I've visited DC I've loved their Metro. Best one I've been in anyway on the East Coast.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean it's a metro, so that's good, but they have far too many issues for the money customers pay to ride. NYC's system may be old, but it works well IMO. Maybe I've been here too long :P

Better than Hartford. CT Transit blows.

I thank my lucky stars that I have no idea what you are talking about

Interesting. Did you ever see it before the reno or whatever they did? It wasn't that impressive before, but I'd give it another shot.

I think they may be a client too lol.

I actually didn't...which is weird b/c I live a few blocks away but it's really interesting. It's definitely oriented towards young kids which is pretty awesome.

I know you don't like cities :P

It's not easy being young and without a car.

Cities are the place to be during youth. In NYC, DC, etc. action is just a bus or train ride away. I found life in Hartford and all the other towns I lived in to be more tedious than I preferred when I want to do things and do them quickly.

At the same time, cities aren't all that great when settling down, for many of the reasons you've listed before..

I have developed peopleophobia. Oddly after being a baseball, football, concert Ho in my youth. I try to avoid crowds. I do enjoy visting once every couple of years but think I am all set.

Qcities

I know what you mean. It'll take me a while to get to that point but I probably will one day. Crowds can be awful, especially with drunk kids in them. To think I used to be one of them in the not too distant past.

Some prefer cities, others prefer country. I prefer both but I'm leaving my city abode for a bigger house in a much quieter neighborhood. I will lose some advantages but I'm still determined to make walking work being 3 miles from work vs 1.

That's the state..not the town. That stretch of highway has been the HTH for many many years. It's not dangerous at all to drive..but with several accidents per week..most serious..obviously something is going on there

Obviously....but the town can still advocate for better state roads in its boundaries.  It's actually a federal highway that runs through the state and the state advocates for it all the time.  It still needs to be fixed.  As the town and UConn get more developed it's only going to increase the amount of traffic going through there.

lol that it's not dangerous to drive.  If it wasn't dangerous then accidents would be rare and we know that is not the case.

A large number of people have been driving over a relatively flat and straight section of road surface for quite a long time before encountering that area where there is an abrupt change. Is there a speed limit reduction there?. A steep grade and curves sign like areas of Wmass near the Berkshires seems appropriate.

Haha he has selective reading. From like 1pm-5pm the past couple days the dews have mixed out to 64-65F most of the afternoon.

I think we should all just agree he's a terrible poster and move on. Sadly, he adds nothing to the conversation other than subtle trolling and nonsense posts.

At least he's fun to be around in person... on the board... ugh. 

Archived